Contents of the degree programme
Foundations of the first year of studies
- Mathematics in Optics
- Foundations of Optics
- Foundations of Lasers
- Optical Systems and Applications
- Scientific techniques
Advanced lectures in six topics
- Optical Metrology
- Optical Material Processing
- Optics in Medicine
- Optics in Communication and IT
- Optical Materials and Systems
- Medicine, information and communication technology, metrology, materials processing, software development, optical components.
- Scientific research and teaching
- Semester(s) abroad (only available in German)
- Partner universities of the Faculty of Engineering
Good Bachelor’s degree or comparable qualification in physics or a relevant technical subject
Good English proficiency required, e.g. High School Certificate, 90 points in TOEFL iBT, or 6.0 IELTS or GER C1 level.
Student Services fee
The contribution of students currently amounts to 42 Euro per semester. An additional charge of 70 Euro covers the mandatory basic “semester ticket,” a transit pass that provides students with unlimited access to public transportation in the metropolitan region Nürnberg from 7 pm to 6 am weekdays and around the clock on weekends (for an optional charge the pass can be valid around the clock every day).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 19, 2018