The material sciences form the foundations that allow technological innovation and the development of pioneering technologies. In the interdisciplinary, NAWI Graz degree program Advanced Materials Science, offered in the English language, you gain an understanding of materials and their properties. You learn the physical and chemical fundamentals as well as the engineering skills needed to develop new materials. As a trained material scientist, you are able to tackle a wide variety of complex tasks in industry and research.
- You will learn about the production, processing, characterization, modeling, and application of materials in an interdisciplinary way.
- You will learn how to apply complex scientific methods used in the fields of physics, chemistry and materials science.
- You may choose one of the following areas of specialization:
- Metallic and ceramic materials
- Semiconductor process technology and nanotechnology
- Bio-based materials
- You learn to work together in project teams in an interdisciplinary and problem-solving oriented way.
- You document and present your results and strategies using state-of-the-art communication and presentation techniques.
Graduates work nationally and internationally in:
- industrial research and development, for example, in the materials, chemical, and semiconductor industries,
- high-tech areas such as sustainable technologies, process innovation, and information technology, and
- research and teaching facilities at universities and other research institutions.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 26, 2018