Developing durable constructions for a better world.
The expansion of the circular economy offers new building features with a lower carbon footprint, and therefore involves a reduction in the use of cement. Green materials such as recycled waste are just as efficient materials for construction, costless, and capable of providing clean and eco-friendly solutions.
Aware of the environmental trade-offs, IMT Lille Douai gives students through this MSc, the opportunity to learn a new way of building, making use of innovative, bio-sourced, and sustainable materials with a low impact on the environment.
Get Ready, next starting date for this program: Fall 2021
Building materials (8 ECTS)
- Binders, Concretes, and admixtures
- Green materials for construction
- Soil physics and geotechnical design
- Lab teaching
- New materials and technologies for construction
- Material reuse, life cycle assessment, and environmental impacts
Design and calculation of civil structures (8 ECTS)
- Rheology of building materials
- Reinforced concrete design – Basics
- Reinforced concrete design – Advanced
- Prestressed concrete design
- Wooden constructions
Diagnosing and repairing structures (8 ECTS)
- Durability of structures
- Techniques of diagnosing and repairing: methods, audits, analysis
Applied Numerical and Digital Methods (8 ECTS)
- Smart home and BIM
- Advanced data learning and analysis
- Models and algorithms for decision
Commercial, logistics, and management profile (6 ECTS)
- To prepare for the semester at the IMT Business School, students are offered the choice to acquire skills in the field of logistics, business, or acquire skills in team management or project management.
- A choice is offered to the students from between programs: acquire skills in the field of logistics, develop skills in the commercial field or acquire project management skills and team management skills (all concerning construction sectors).
Complementary activities (6 ECTS)
- French as a Foreign Language (3 ECTS)
- Sports (1 ECTS)
- Construction sites and factory visits (2 ECTS)
Discover and get involved during visits to a real construction site and construction companies.
Scientific and Technical Project (8 ECTS)
An initiation to handling a project in its different dimensions: design and characterization of materials, technical aspects, innovation, economical aspects, and environmental impacts.
Research Initiation Project (8 ECTS)
An initiation to research methods and testing in order to deepen knowledge in the field of innovative building materials.
IMT Business School tailor-made program (30 ECTS)
- Sales and business (6 ECTS)
- Managerial Finance (2 ECTS)
- Intellectual property (2 ECTS)
- Business Ethics (2 ECTS)
- MOOC innovation and entrepreneurship in the digital world (6 ECTS)
- Innovation projects (4 ECTS)
- Personal development and communication skills (1 ECTS)
- Business plan challenge (5 ECTS)
- French as a foreign language (2 ECTS)
Final-year project (30 ECTS)
Final-year internship to apply theoretical and technical concepts and methods to real construction projects.
*Syllabuses are subject to change in accordance with IMT Lille Douai’s scientific and educational advances
During this MSc program, you will acquire hard and soft skills that are required to occupy a decision-making role within public or private industries.
- Acquire knowledge on the technical and socio-economical stakes related to environmentally responsible constructions.
- Develop, understand, and organize the applied research on construction materials.
- Apply an engineering approach to a durable construction project.
- Manage, conduct, and/or take part in a major scale construction project.
- Be acquainted with the new modes and sustainable materials for construction and know how to use them.
- Make a dimension calculation of the works (sizing, diagnosis) and the modeling of chemicophysical phenomena.
- Make use of innovative and efficient digital tools/methods for construction.
The business director undertakes the technical drafting of a construction or installation « project ». He or she determines, in a general or specific manner, the technical processes, organizational methods, and costs in order to create a draft project of the future construction operation. He or she is also involved in undertaking the construction survey, defining the operating conditions, and ensuring supervision responsibilities.
Director of Studies
The director of scientific and technical studies is responsible for developing new understanding and new products or processes. Reporting to the executive management, the R&D department, or the studies department of a company (large group, SME/SMI, start-ups, etc.) or a public or parapublic body, he or she generally works within design offices.
Director of production / Director of operations
The director of the production is the operational representative of the industrial strategy. His or her role is to ensure the smooth running of the production process and optimize it. The director of the production in general reports to the industrial director, the technical director, the plant director, the unit director, or the managing director (in small organizations).
The project director creates both the feasibility study and the business proposal of projects which are entrusted to him or her. He or she has a technical coordination role, from business negotiation to project management, all the way to its completion. He or she is the intermediary between the customer, the internal departments, and the external service providers. Depending on the size of the organization and the complexity of the projects, duties may vary in terms of their technical, commercial, or managerial nature. He or she generally reports to the commercial or technical management of the company.
Reporting to the project manager, the director of the work is responsible for preparing and managing the production of civil engineering works. He or she is responsible for transmitting the directives to establish the program of works, following its development, and establishing updates to planning and budget. He or she represents the construction site with the customer and external bodies and manages the teams deployed.
A committee of professors selects the applicants, based on the following criteria:
- C.V. / Resumé
- Motivation letter
- Applicant’s previous scientific background and grades
- English level
The master’s degree is open to candidates with at least a scientific Bachelor of Science degree.
Candidates must have a certificate or other proof of English proficiency.
No prerequisite in French is needed.
Apply now for 2021 !
Download your application form here :
About the School
Created by the merger of Mines Douai and Télécom Lille on January 1st, 2017, IMT Lille Douai is the largest graduate school of engineering north of Paris, training the general engineers and digital ex ... Read More