The course is recognised by ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW, for those seeking an international accounting career. Each module offers a combination of practical and research-focused activities that reflect the realities of present-day accounting and finance. The modules that comprise the MSc provide technical understanding and critical analysis skills, prized by employers. On completion, you will have the skills to think strategically in many accounting and finance contexts.
You’ll be taught by experienced and dedicated staff, who have industry knowledge and who have published research. If you hold a relevant accounting qualification, you may benefit from exemptions from this award, including direct entry onto the Masters Stage Award.
Masters Stage Award
This is a fast-track master for those already fast-track qualified. The course gives you the opportunity to top up your existing qualification to a full MSc degree, by completing research methods and dissertation research. You will be able to carry out research into new and changing areas of accounting practice and apply accounting theory to practical organisational situations. This course provides an excellent opportunity for continuing professional development (CPD) for those experienced professional accountants wishing to further their career.
- Financial Reporting
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting
- Corporate Accountability
- Leadership through Design
Assessment includes case studies and is through research-focused assignments and examinations.
At the master's stage, the course can be completed within six months’ full-time study or 12 months’ part-time study.
- MSc: a good honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or a comparable level in a professional accounting qualification (eg ACCA Fundamentals level, CIMA Managerial level, ICAEW equivalent)
- Master Stage Award: you will need a relevant postgraduate diploma or equivalent that equates to 120 CAT points (eg you must be fully qualified with ACCA, CIMA or ICAEW)
- EU and international students need IELTS 6.0 overall (no less than 5.5 in any band) or equivalent
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Business/financial management
About the School
We welcome international students from around the world. Study??ing in the UK can be a great experience allowing you to meet new people, try new things and experience a new country. Come and join us?.