- Duration: 1 year full time
- Start date: September 2019
- Apply by: 1 August 2019 (International), 1 September 2019 (UK/EU)
Advance your accounting and finance knowledge and prepare for a successful career in financial or professional services.
On this MSc, you study complex issues in accounting and finance and consider the wider functions of accounting in society. You learn how to demonstrate critical skills in evaluating competing approaches and will become skilled at proposing solutions. This will open up a broad range of careers, including in financial institutions, management consultancies or government bodies. The Accounting and Finance MSc course also prepares you for PhD-level study by giving you the skills you need to continue your education to the next level.
You can also choose options to broaden your horizons and tailor the course to your interests, including ethics, entrepreneurial finance, accounting in emerging economies, money and banking.
The Accounting and Finance MSc is based in the University of Sussex Business School, with strong industry links, expert academic staff who consult for leaders in business and government, and state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities. We produce leading research that impacts policy and practice.
Why choose this course?
- Top 50 in the world for Business and Economics (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018).
- 1st in the UK for graduate prospects in Accounting and Finance (The Complete University Guide 2019).
- 3rd in the UK for annual research income (Chartered Association of Business Schools 2016/17).
" Students will gain the knowledge and skills to advance their careers, through exposure to complex issues drawn from the fields of accounting and finance”, MAKAILLA MCCONNELL Course Director
- Degree requirements: You should have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above (including an average mark of at least 57%).
- Subject-specific requirements: Your qualification should be in a subject which has a basic coverage of accounting and finance. Candidates with degrees in economics, business or management will also be considered on a case by case basis. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
English language requirements
IELTS (Academic): Standard level (6.5 overall, including at least 6.0 in each component).
1 August 2019 (International), 1 September 2019 (UK/EU)
How will I study?
This course is currently subject to validation, in line with our procedures for assuring the quality of our degrees. This means that some course detail may change. The validation process will be concluded before the course starts.
Fees are not yet set for the entry in the academic year 2019/20 but will be published here as soon as they are available. Note that your fees, once they’re set, may be subject to an increase on an annual basis.
You’ll gain the essential skills and knowledge for a successful career in financial or professional services.
This course opens up a broad range of careers, including in financial institutions, management consulting, industry or government bodies. It also provides an appropriate grounding for those who wish to pursue PhD level studies.
About the School
The University of Sussex is a leading research-intensive university near Brighton. They have both an international and local outlook, with staff and students from more than 100 countries and frequent ... Read More