- The optional 18-month programme which includes the Academic and Career Skills (ACS) module, designed to enhance your employability and prepare you to complete your Master’s with potential work experience.
- Learning materials are provided by BPP Learning Media, an ACCA-approved provider for content
- You will have access to our comprehensive online learning resources and support to supplement your face-to-face tuition
- Our programme enables you to apply for the CIMA Master’s Gateway, an accelerated route to achieving the CIMA qualification
Our MSc Accounting and Finance programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills that are fundamental to a career in accounting and finance and, through elective choices, you can specialise in key areas of interest to you. Your specialist studies culminate in the third term when you will use your business research skills as part of a consultancy project module. You will also study Leadership for Finance Professionals – an innovative and distinctive module that will prepare you for entry into a supervisory or managerial role.
Your programme materials will include study materials, formative assessments and revision guidance to fully prepare you for your assessments and professional examinations. You will also get feedback throughout the programme to help you realise your full potential.
CIMA Master’s Gateway
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is the world’s largest and leading professional body of management accountants. BPP University’s MSc Accounting and Finance programmes enable you to apply to The CIMA Master’s Gateway. An accelerated route to achieving the CIMA qualification, the Master’s Gateway grants you 12 exemptions from the CIMA Qualification upon successful completion of the external CIMA Gateway Exam (also known as the Management Level Case Study exam). This means you can progress straight to the strategic level of the CIMA Professional Qualification accelerating your journey to becoming a CIMA Qualified Accountant.
Our Academic and Career Skills (ACS) module
Our Academic and Career Skills (ACS) module is designed to enhance your employability by developing your career ready and transferable skills. This module is a feature of the 18-month full-time programme. It gives you the opportunity to complete your programme with practical work experience. This work experience can be a paid or unpaid job, short-term internship, employer-led or Professional Body project, consultancy work or volunteering.
Students wishing to study the MSc Accounting and Finance will require:
- A degree (lower second class or higher) in any accounting or finance-related discipline; OR
- Be a part-qualified associate of:
- ACCA holding exam passes or exemptions from Papers F1-F9
- ICAEW holding exemptions or exam passes from the Professional stage
- CIMA holding exemptions or exam passes from the Managerial stage; OR
- Be a fully qualified accountant from a recognised institution, or passed finalist - in which case the student would be eligible to join the programme at the final stage of the programme (60 credits)
English Language Requirements
If your first language is not English, you will need an IELTS level 6.5 (overall) or equivalent, plus a minimum of 6.0 in all components in addition to the above entry requirements.
If you have the minimum of 6.0 in any component, you will be required to undertake a compulsory in-sessional English/Academic English course during the first term of your studies.