About Nanyang MSc Accountancy
Nanyang Business School's Master of Science in Accountancy (MSc Acc) is offered as a full- or part-time programme. Full-time students complete the programme in a year, part-time students, in 2 years.
The programme covers 12 courses, made up of 3 Business Core (BC) and 9 Accountancy Core (AC) courses. Up to 2 waivers are allowed, based on previous extensive coverage in your undergraduate programme, subject to approval from the School. Waivers will be substituted with Master's level electives.
Our courses are taught by our faculty from Singapore's leading and most established accountancy school, reputed for its pragmatic and industry-oriented approach.
All our courses are conducted in English, on NTU's vibrant campus in Singapore.
Why Nanyang MSc Accountancy
The MSc (Accountancy)* programme is the pathway for non-Accountancy graduates to join the Accountancy sector and for career advancement in accounting and finance functions.
Graduates of this programme become eligible to take the Singapore Qualification Programme (SQP) professional exams which open the avenue for them to become a Chartered Accountant of Singapore.
Not only will students obtain both a global perspective and an Asian focus on business and accounting issues, they will also be highly sought after by the Big 4 and other accounting firms, and will be well positioned to build a career in that sector.
*The MSc (Accountancy) programme replaces the MBA ( Accountancy) programme previously offered by Nanyang Business School.
Nanyang MSc Accountancy
Singapore's 1st and most established Accountancy school.
- The Accountancy programmes at Nanyang Business School (NBS) have roots tracing back to the 1950s.
- More than 50 years of tradition in training professional accountants for leadership roles as partners in accounting firms, chief financial officers of major corporations and managing directors of public and private companies.
- Ranked 1st in Asia for accounting research**, Nanyang Business School is renowned for its academic rigour in accounting research and education.
- NBS offers the most sought-after undergraduate accountancy course in Singapore, where graduates from NTU’s Bachelor of Accountancy are highly regarded by employers to have strong technical competence and rigour***.
- NBS has extensive links with the international professional bodies in accounting such as ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales); CAANZ (Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand); CPA Australia; CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants); ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants); IMA (Institute of Management Accountants). Graduates of this programme will gain direct access to their professional exams and/or exemptions.
** Brigham Young University Accounting Research Rankings (All Years), 2015
*** Feedback from employers over the years
Business and Accountancy Core Courses
Business Core Courses
- Accounting Information System
- Financial Management
- Corporate and Business Strategy
Accountancy Core Courses
- Financial Accounting
- Management of Legal Obligations in Business
- Company Law
- Accounting Recognition and Measurement
- Accounting for Decision Making and Control
- Assurance and Auditing
- Tax Management
- Risk Reporting and Analysis
- Accounting Analysis and Equity Valuation
- Risk Management and Advanced Auditing
- Career Switch. Prepare non-accounting graduates for entry into the accounting sector and for career advancement in accounting and finance functions.
- Masters Accountancy Connections
- Connections. Leverage on NBS unmatched connections with the top accounting firms.
- Masters Accountancy Career Services
- Career Services. Graduates will be supported by Career Development Office (CDO) through workshops, seminars, career coaching and job postings. CDO will work with graduates to identify internship opportunities.
- A good Bachelor's degree in any field
- A good GMAT/GRE score
- TOEFL/IELTS for applicants whose first degree was taken in a language other than English
- Work experience is a plus but not required
- Pass admission interview
Program taught in: