This Wealth Management programme from Sheffield Hallam University will help you to gain the skills and knowledge for a career in financial markets, investment banking, fund management or wealth management.
- Develop your knowledge of investment strategies and financial products.
- Gain an understanding of the risks associated with financial markets and products.
- Study on a course taught by University staff with extensive work experience in the banking and finance industry, who regularly complete consultancy work with banks and banking organisations.
The course is designed to develop your skills for a career in financial markets, investment banking, fund management or wealth management. You will learn about issues of risk management, regulation, wealth management and fund management, focusing on both individuals and organisations.
This course prepares you for a career in
- Investment banking
- Retail financial services
- Government and regulatory organisations
Previous graduates of this course have gone on to work for
- J P Morgan
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Scottish Widows
- Banks, national and smaller IFA firms
- Others have chosen to start their own businesses.
- Advanced Portfolio Management
- Banking And Financial Markets
- Financial Regulation And Supervision
- Financial Risk Management
- Fund Management
- Methods Of Enquiry: Research And Consultancy In Finance
- Wealth Management And Investing
You typically need one of the following:
- 2.2 honours degree or above in a relevant subject
- Recognised professional qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject
Relevant subjects include:
- Business management
- The natural sciences
- IT and computing.
We will consider applicants without these academic qualifications dependant on personal, professional and work experience and other formal qualifications.
Overseas applicants from countries whose first language is not English must normally produce evidence of competence in English, such as an IELTS score of 6.0 with 5.5 in all skills. If your English language skill is currently below an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English standard.
You may be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam.
Additional information for EU/International students
If you are an International or non-UK European student, you can find out more about the country-specific qualifications we accept on our international qualifications page.
For details of English language entry requirements (IELTS), please see the information for 'All students'.
- Home/EU: £8,240 for the course
- International: £13,905 for the course
About the School
Sheffield Hallam University is a welcoming community of students and staff from more than 120 countries. We offer exceptional teaching across 700 programmes at foundation, undergraduate, postgraduate ... Read More