The MSc Sustainable Energy Technology programme provides state-of-the-art education in the fields of sustainable energy generation, distribution and consumption. It is intended to respond to a growing skills shortage of engineers with a high level of training in renewable energy, smart grids and sustainability.
By the time you graduate, you will have a thorough understanding of sustainability standards, various renewable energies, smart grid and power electronics for renewable energy and energy use management in buildings, urban design and other areas. Research on sustainable energy technology has opened up many job opportunities in industry, government institutions and research centres.
Lab facilities include:
- a power electronics laboratory equipped with advanced experimental equipment.
- a sustainable energy laboratory equipped with advanced experimental equipment including a 600W wind turbine, two 270W solar modules, batteries, an inverter with sinusoidal output and main controller.
- an electric machine and power system laboratory.
Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Knowledge and skills
By studying MSc Sustainable Energy Technology you will benefit from:
- studying at an international university recognised throughout the world
- close cooperation with world-famous universities and research centres to solve major technical challenges including energy crises and environmental pollution
- excellent research opportunities, using advanced experimental equipment including a network analyzer, power analyser, Dspace controller, wind turbine and PV testing system
- continuous development of core modules to meet the requirements of industrial innovation
- cutting-edge research in the intelligent and efficient utilization of solar, wind energy and other renewable energy sources.
- Sustainable energy and the environment
- Nuclear energy technology
- Power system network and smart grids
- Integration of energy strategies in the design of buildings
- Photovoltaic energy technology
- Renewable kinetic energy technologies
- Power electronics and applications for renewable energy
- Sustainable urban planning strategies
Additional learning activity modules
Graduates of this programme will typically work on professional tasks including the implementation of sustainable energy technologies within existing or new systems, and modelling and evaluation of the impact on ecosystems, economics and society.
Graduates may be employed as electric power system engineers, electric power system consultants, electric power projects managers, sustainable cities and building design consultants, managers and team leaders in government.
RMB 90,000 for the entire 18-month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in a relevant field such as electrical engineering, electronic science and technology, telecommunication engineering, computer science and technology, mathematics, semiconductor physics, automation and control, embedded systems, engineering thermal physics or other related disciplines.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.0 (minimum of 5.0 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 80
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 10, 2017