MSc Strategic Marketing Management
This MSc Strategic Marketing Management is designed to meet the needs of graduates who have not previously specialised in marketing but now wish to do so. The programme features specialist marketing modules, an understanding and appreciation of other business functions within organisations are also developed. Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), enabling direct entry onto the CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing.
Outline of programme
Students will develop a knowledge and understanding of marketing processes and procedures, including marketing research, marketing planning and strategy, marketing communications and brand portfolio building. In addition, modules taught will enable students to develop a wide range of technical and transferable skills demanded by graduate employers.
- Marketing Management
- Analysis of Dissertation Research
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Strategy.
- Accounting for Non-Financial Managers
- Strategic Business Sustainability
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Intellectual Property Strategy and Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Strategic Brand Management
- Services Marketing
- International Marketing Management
- Strategic Management
- Marketing Channels and Strategic Sales Force Management.
The taught modules are assessed through a mixture of examinations and coursework. The taught element of the programme is complemented by a substantial piece of research leading to the completion of a dissertation.
This programme prepares you for a wide range of general and specialist roles in marketing including brand management, market research, market planning and product development, promotion, media relations and direct marketing. Recent jobs taken by graduates of this course include; Graduate Trainee Marketing Insight Programme - Tesco (UK), Project Trainee - GlaxoSmithKline (Pakistan) and International Relations Manager - Shanghai Media and Entertainment Group.
One of the following:
- A good UK honours degree (minimum lower second class)
- Equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University.
As well as:
- Two professional references – at least one must be from an academic referee
- An official academic transcript of your university grades to date
- A completed application form.
For International Students:
- An official academic transcript, with an official English translation, of your university grades to date
- International students whose native language is not English will also need to satisfy our English language requirements with one of the following:
- TOEFL Internet Based Test score of 93 overall, with a minimum score of 22 in speaking, 19 in listening, 26 in writing and 18 in reading. Please note that TOEFL scores are subject to terms and conditions.
- IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and speaking and 6 in listening and reading).
Pre-sessional English language programmes are available for good applicants whose English qualification falls just short of these requirements.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 28, 2018