This Strategic Events Marketing programme from Sheffield Hallam University will help you to explore issues at the forefront of strategic event marketing trends on this varied, engaging course.
- Examine different approaches to successful event marketing.
- Consider the growing use of events as a marketing approach.
- Learn how to create events that provide great experiences.
- Apply your learning and create a real marketing event.
- Be inspired by award-winning international event agency TRO.
On this course, you'll focus on the marketing of events, as well as on experiential marketing — the usage of events as a marketing approach. Through this multifaceted study method, you'll gain the skills and experience you need to excel in the dynamic, growing event sector.
This course prepares you for a career in
- PR and marketing
- Marketing campaign management
- Experiential marketing agencies
- Government organisations
- Non-government organisations
- International associations
- Conference and event departments and organisers
- Event venues
- International leisure resorts
- Potential career opportunities in agencies specialising in events and conference business analysis
- Further studies or academia
- Business And Management Strategy
- Live Event
- Research Methods
- Strategic Event Creation
- Strategic Event Marketing
- Work-Related Learning
Normally an honours degree or recognised equivalent qualification. We will consider enquiries from those who have substantial management or subject experience but do not have the normal entry requirements. We may invite these potential students for an interview to discuss their particular background, experience and qualifications.
If English is not the first language they will need an IELTS 6.0 score with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent (non-work experience students)
If English is not the first language they will need an IELTS 6.5 score with a minimum of 6.0 in all skills or equivalent (work experience students).
If the applicant's English language skill is currently below the required level we will consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable them to achieve an equivalent English score.
Applicants may be admitted with no formal qualifications but with substantial industrial experience at a senior level and some evidence, from references, performances on training courses or further education qualifications that he/she should be capable of gaining a postgraduate qualification.
Additional information for EU/International students
If you are an International or non-UK European student, you can find out more about the country-specific qualifications we accept on our international qualifications page.
For details of English language entry requirements (IELTS), please see the information for 'All students'.
- Home/EU: £8,240 or £9,065 (with work experience) for the course
- International: £13,905 or £15,450 (with work experience) for the course
About the School
Sheffield Hallam University is a welcoming community of students and staff from more than 120 countries. We offer exceptional teaching across 700 programmes at foundation, undergraduate, postgraduate ... Read More