Immerse yourself in a variety of cultures while you study on this interdisciplinary, advanced postgraduate course in Strategic Communication and Public Relations delivered jointly by the University of Stirling and Pompeu Fabra University. You will benefit from an international perspective, having the opportunity to study in both Stirling and Barcelona.
Taught entirely in English, the course offers a hands-on approach, while at the same time providing you with the theoretical foundations you need to practise public relations at a managerial level.
You’ll obtain a joint MSc degree from the University of Stirling and Pompeu Fabra University. You spend Semester 1 at the University of Stirling and then move to Pompeu Fabra University for Semester 2. You may then decide if you would like to have your dissertation supervised by staff at Stirling or Pompeu Fabra.
Top reasons to study with us
- You’ll benefit from valuable international experience studying in both Stirling and Barcelona.
- 1st in Scotland, top 10 in the UK for Communications and Media (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018).
- 98% of our postgraduate leavers are in employment or further study within six months of graduating (DLHE 2015/16).
Awarded with a CEI label (International Campus of Excellence) by the Spanish Ministry of Education, Pompeu Fabra is a modern university with prestigious international rankings.
The course covers a range of modules, including public relations and public communications theories; strategic public relations planning; media relations; public diplomacy and strategic communication; digital media; public affairs and advocacy; and research methods.
You’ll be taught by lectures, seminars, workshops, case studies, small group tutorials, field trips and visiting speaker presentations.
You’ll have the opportunity to attend a Public Affairs and Lobbying seminar series in Brussels, which includes visits to the European Parliament, the European Commission as well as specialist industry seminars with leading public affairs and public relations experts in Brussels.
Methods of assessment include:
- Academic essays
- Timed assignments
- Public relations and communication campaigns including presentations and reports
- Press conferences
- A media relations portfolio which includes press releases, feature articles, and blogs
- Practical communication reports and strategic plans
- Case studies
- Research designs
- Content analysis
- In-class contributions and presentations
You will also complete a 12,000-word dissertation.
Dr Alenka Jelen-Sanchez
+44 (0) 1786 466225
Fees - 2020/2021
- Home/EU: £7,000
- Overseas: £16,950
About the School
At the University of Stirling, being the difference is in our DNA – providing education with a purpose and carrying out research that helps to shape society.