This programme is aimed at those who wish to develop their understanding of marketing, and how it applies to the sport industry. It provides a comprehensive introduction to a range of generic marketing subjects and looks at how the principles and processes of marketing apply to the sport industry.
The programme is ideally suited to the needs of executives within football clubs and media organisations, officers of football and sport regulatory bodies, as well as people with a general interest in the sport, football and media industries.
Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
We offer students of all ages and backgrounds a chance to study either part-time or full-time in our department and to gain an internationally recognised University of London qualification.
Why study this course at Birkbeck?
- Improve your knowledge and understanding of marketing.
- Learn how marketing applies to the sport industry and sport organisations.
- Enhance or develop your career in the sport industry.
- Benefit from Birkbeck’s renowned high-quality teaching and expertise in the delivery of part-time programmes.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Linked to Birkbeck's Sport Business Centre, one of the world's leading centres for sport business and football research, teaching, training, consultancy and policy advice.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available. You will also have access to the Birkbeck Library and e-Library where you can obtain books and journal articles that are required for your studies.
Careers and employability
Graduates go on to careers in sports clubs, governing bodies, retail and the media.
Cost & Fees
- Part-time home/EU students: £ 5225 pa
- Full-time home/EU students: £ 10450 pa
- Part-time overseas students: £ 7975 pa
- Full-time overseas students: £ 15950 pa
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 1, 2018