Choose Kingston's Software Engineering MSc
Some of the most challenging problems in industry and commerce are associated with software development. This course will equip computing professionals with advanced knowledge of the latest methods and tools in software engineering, as well as practical skills in software development.
You can combine this course with Management Studies, which will enable you to develop the skills to successfully lead teams and manage innovation.
- This course is accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT.
- The knowledge and skills learnt on this course will enable you to make an effective contribution as part of a team building software systems, delivering optimum results in terms of cost, time and software quality.
- The dissertation/project gives you the chance to study an area of interest in greater depth. It can be undertaken in industry, giving you valuable industrial experience and an excellent talking point when you are looking for a job or promotion.
What will you study?
You will study state-of-the-art concepts in software engineering and will focus on the fundamental concepts and principles of systems analysis, design, implementation and testing. The course focuses on the cost-effective development of high-quality software. You will also have an opportunity to improve your practical skills so that you can plan and conduct complex systems development projects to meet customer needs and integrate software solutions into an evolving business environment.
The Software Engineering course can be combined with Management Studies enabling you to set your technical knowledge in a management context and enable you to work effectively with business managers to develop systems for business advantage. An understanding of the business and management context is a key skill employers look for and essential for those aiming to set up their own business.
Coursework and/or exams, research project/dissertation.
The full MSc course consists of an induction programme, four taught modules, and project dissertation. Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
Software Engineering MSc modules
- Modelling Enterprise Architectures
- Software Architectures and Programming Models
- Project Dissertation
- Software Quality Engineering OR Web Application and Infrastructure Development
- One option module
Learn a language
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include: Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Cost & Fees
Home and European Union 2016/17
- MSc part time £3,465
- MSc full time £6,300
Overseas (not EU) 2016/17
- MSc part time £7,095
- MSc full time £12,900
This school offers programs in: