MSc Real Estate
This is a postgraduate conversion programme during which you'll develop the knowledge, understanding and critical thinking required to practice as a valuer or commercial property surveyor. It offers a range of modules which address the competencies required for these disciplines, and it is recognised as meeting the RICS educational requirements for membership (Graduate Route 1).
Apply by 02 Feb 2015 to start 02 March 2015
Why study this course?
The course is ideal for anyone who already has a first degree and wants to start a career in Real Estate. Recent graduates who are interested in property valuation, property development and investment should study this course, as it gives a route to Chartered status. Employment opportunities include working in private practice, commercial firms, companies with large property portfolios and government departments. Age is no obstacle, and we have students from their early 20s to late 50s.
- Accredited by the RICS as meeting the educational requirements for membership
- Allows graduates from unrelated subject areas to study for a career in Real Estate
- Remain in employment and study in your own time and at a pace that suits you, gaining an MSc in as little time as two years
- Supported online learning means there is no need to attend a campus.
Award: MSc Real Estate
Duration: 2 years (standard route)
An accelerated route is available (18 months): please contact the Course Leader if you are interested in this.
Time commitment: 15-20 hours a week
Application and start dates: Apply by 02 Feb 2015 to start 02 March 2015
Fees: £950* per module x 8 modules = total course fee of £7,600
*The module fee is reviewed annually, but any increases are subject to CEM's price cap promise. Visit Fees and Supplements for further details.
The MSc Real Estate will be awarded by the College of Estate Management.
Entrants to this programme are normally* required to have attained one of the following:
- A bachelor's degree with honours at lower second standard (2:2), or equivalent
- A bachelor's degree, or equivalent, plus three years' experience in a relevant field
- A Level 5 qualification as defined by the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications for England, Wales and Northern Ireland (FHEQ) plus five years' relevant experience in a senior position
- A professional qualification plus five years' relevant experience in a senior position.
Students may apply to enter the programme in either semester.
*Applicants who do not meet the requirements stated above, but who wish to be considered for this programme, should still apply. In these cases selection for an offer of a place may include consideration of the following information as part of the candidate's application:
- Personal statement
- Relevant work experience/employer support
- Performance at interview (either by telephone or Skype)
Assessment is by coursework and examination.
This school offers programs in: