Want to understand how to address humankind’s most pressing issues - big challenges arising from climate change, technological innovation, economic and political crises - from the perspective of governance? The MSc in Public Administration is for you!
What does this master programme entail?
The main question you focus on in the MPA is: How can we address humankind’s most pressing problems from the perspective of governance? Governance has many definitions; within the context of the MPA it concerns the management, steering, and coordination of political, administrative, economic, and social actors, as well as the formal and informal regimes and policy processes within which they act, towards addressing collective social problems at regional, national, and international levels.
Three reasons to choose Public Administration at Leiden University
- The Leiden MPA takes a distinctive approach: governance is examined from a multi-level perspective with the object of effectively developing governance solutions to societal challenges. Taught in The Hague, a hub of international governance organisations.
- 3 unique specialisations: Economics & Governance, International & European Governance, and Public Management.
- Strong academic orientation; faculty drawn from Leiden’s Institute of Public Management with guest lecturers from the field.
Public Administration: the right programme for you?
- Are you fascinated in watching the whole context of dilemmas and challenges experienced by governments and societies worldwide?
- Do you want to address these issues from the perspective of governance?
- Do you have affinity with a specific area of governance, as addressed by the specialisations in this programme – like economics and governance, international governance, or public management?
- Do you want to contribute to research and practice in this crucial area?
Then this programme is for you!
Admission and Application
Do you want to apply for this master’s programme at Leiden University? Find out how to apply for your programme by following the step-by step guide in the application and admission section: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/education/study-programmes/master/public-administration/toelating-en-aanmelding
A brand new campus in the center of The Hague.
Study in the Hague, a hub of international governance organisations
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 19, 2017