A BPS-recognised qualification. Training in research skills and a broad critical approach to psychological theories.
- Name: Psychology
- Qualification: MSc
- Level: Postgraduate
- Study mode: Full time
- Duration: 1 year
- Tuition fees: £11,500 *
- Scholarships: Yes *
- Next start date: September 2018
- Future start date: September 2019
- Study abroad: No
- Validation: Regent's University London
The MSc Psychology is a new programme for graduates who wish to convert an existing degree into a recognized psychology qualification.
The programme covers all of the key sub-disciplines of psychology and provides extensive training in research skills.
The MSc will provide you with a broad overview of the subject, promoting critical appraisal in relation to psychological models, theories, and methodologies.
You will conduct practical research exercises and will produce a substantial research-based dissertation.
The programme is accredited by the British Psychological Society and therefore confers Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC).
This is a one-year full-time programme.
There are three different levels of award from this programme, depending on how much of the programme you complete.
- Term 1 - you may exit the programme with the Postgraduate Certificate
- Term 2 - you may exit the programme with the Postgraduate Diploma
- Term 3 - completion of the whole programme leads to the award of MSc Psychology
- Research Methods 1
- Biological Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Society and the Individual
- Conceptual and Historical Issues in Psychology
- Research Methods 2
- Research Methods 3 & Research Project
- Cultural Psychology
- The Psychology of Motivation
- The Psychology of Humour
- The Psychology of Religion and Belief
- Regent’s Connect (language modules)
Teaching & assessment
Components include lectures, seminars, and independent learning.
Assessment is based upon:
- Termly assignments
- Delivery of an original research project of an empirical nature
Student with disabilities
Some classes are delivered in teaching rooms accessed by stairs. If you have a condition that affects your mobility and you require ground-floor rooms or rooms with lift access, please notify Student Registry as soon as possible. You are also advised to contact the Disability Officer.
A BPS-recognised qualification is essential for anyone wishing to pursue a career or further study in psychology in the UK.
Psychology as a subject is popular with employers across a range of areas from marketing through to civil service.
A Regent’s education provides you with a high level of personal attention, and this begins from the moment you apply to study with us. We want to understand who you are and what your skills and interests may be – we are interested in your potential, as well as your prior achievements. We review each application comprehensively and on its individual merit, considering all of your skills, interests, and attributes.
Typically, we will make an offer to a student holding a minimum lower second class (2:2) UK Honours undergraduate degree from a recognized institution and will assess your application for proficiency in Mathematics, asking for a GCSE Mathematics grade A-C / 9-4. Other equivalent international qualifications from recognized institutions will be accepted.
We require proof of English Proficiency. For example, we ask for:
- A completed Undergraduate degree studied in English from a majority English speaking country
- IELTS: 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 6.0 in each individual component
This list is not exhaustive, we will review the English qualifications you have as part of your application and be in contact if we require anything further.
For applicants who wish to improve their English language proficiency, please see our English language courses.
On-campus diagnostic test
For offer holders in London, we can provide a free on-campus English diagnostic test. This test must be arranged in advance. Please note, this is a diagnostic test for Regent’s University London only.
Fees September 2018
- Full tuition fee: £11,500
- Home/EU advance deposit: £1,000 (non-refundable)
- Non-EU advance deposit: £4,000 (non-refundable)
Tuition fees are set for the University’s financial year which runs from 1 August to 31 July. Annual fees for students commencing studies in spring will span financial years. Spring and autumn fees will be invoiced at the rate applicable for that term.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 11, 2018