Choose Kingston's Psychology MSc
This course offers a masters-level qualification accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and confers eligibility for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership. It is particularly suitable if you have insufficient credit in psychology from your first degree to meet BPS accreditation criteria. The course covers all of the key subdisciplines of contemporary psychology and provides extensive training in related research skills.
Find out more about this course:
- This course confers eligibility for graduate membership of the British Psychological Society with the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC). This is the first step towards becoming a chartered psychologist.
- You will benefit from modern research labs and offices, as well as excellent computer facilities.
- The Psychology team is a friendly and dynamic group of researchers, experienced in teaching and in conducting internationally excellent research. The team has research links with universities in Australia, the US and Europe. In addition, eminent psychologists from across the UK present findings from the latest research in psychology, keeping your learning at the cutting edge.
What will you study?
In addition to providing a broad (yet detailed) overview of the subject of psychology, this course promotes critical appraisal in relation to psychological models, theories and methodologies. You will conduct practical research exercises and will produce a substantial research-based dissertation in an area of psychology of your choice (subject to availability). You will acquire skills in data analysis, statistical methods, project design, oral presentations, teamwork and report writing - all of which are sought-after skills by employers.
Essays, in-class tests, presentations, unseen examinations, laboratory reports and a dissertation.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
- Cognition and Biological Psychology
- Methods and Statistics for MSc Psychology
- Psychology Dissertation
- The Person in Psychology
- Advanced Developmental Psychology
- Applications of Psychological Research
- Critical Social Psychology: Memory, Narrative and Representation
- Neuropsychology and Neuro-rehabilitation
- Psychology of Art and Film
- The Psychology of Health and Well Being
Learn a language
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Program taught in: