This research programme will provide you with high-quality training in the methodological and practical skills necessary to carry out scientific research on human behaviour.
Profile of the research master's programme in Psychology
In this two-year research programme you will gain hands-on experience with how psychological theory can contribute to the analysis and solution of practical problems and how the application of existing theory guides further theoretical development.
You will be able to specialise in the psychological subdiscipline of your choice, but you will also be trained in a broad multidisciplinary research approach.
- Clinical and Health Psychology (research)
- Cognitive Neuroscience (research)
- Developmental Psychology (research)
- Social and Economic Psychology (research)
Reasons to choose a research master track at Leiden University
- A Research Master's degree will give you a great perspective on a future in research within the public or private sector.
- A Research Master's degree is the perfect way to prepare for a PhD programme.
- Because only the most talented and motivated students will be admitted to the Research Master's track, you will be guaranteed to be challenged during your studies.
- Students who wish to pursue a career as scientist-practitioner / clinician may combine the research master with specific parts of the professional one-year master's programmes in Clinical Psychology or in Health Psychology to qualify for post-master psychotherapy training programmes (PDO in Dutch).
About the School
Are you curious, critical and involved in the world around you? At Leiden University, the oldest university in the Netherlands, you can make a valuable contribution to tackling the various national an ... Read More