The MSc Project Management programme will equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to successfully manage projects in a variety of industries and contexts. You will learn about all aspects of how to effectively plan, implement, control and monitor, and handover projects of various sizes and complexities in a highly competitive global marketplace.
You will gain vital skills in the management of stakeholders’ expectations, risk management and quality assurance on projects. The programme will teach you from both a practical and theoretical standpoint how project management can be used as a tool to help grow the business and achieve strategic objectives in an organisational setting.
The programme caters to the needs of experienced professionals as well as those who are at the beginning of their career in a project management-related role through the acquisition of necessary skills and knowledge in a technology-embedded learning environment. It will serve as a pathway for you to achieve highly sought-after certifications in project management. This is a practice-based degree with the objective of preparing you for the strong project management job market in China and beyond, though it can also serve as a base for further academic study.
Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education. Unique selling points
The MSc Project Management programme:
- provides skills that have universal relevance, meaning you can use these skills to manage projects across a large variety of industries worldwide.
- is designed based on the globally recognised PMBOK standards of the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- serves as a path to project management certification such as Project Management Professional (PMP) and others.
- has a balanced structure that ensures the quality of education and provides cutting-edge industry relevant project management skills.
- Fundamentals of project management
- Project risk management
- Project financing and cost management
- Project stakeholder management
- Project leadership and governance
- Strategic purchasing management
- Strategic business analysis
- Strategic organisation
- Entrepreneurship and business creation
- Social commerce
- Dissertation/consultancy capstone project.
Additional learning activity modules
Some mandatory additional learning activities are given below. Please check the programme specifications for a complete list of ALAs and related requirements.
- Introduction to research methods I
- Introduction to research methods II
- Chinese stage I (for international students)
- Chinese stage II (for international students)
- Project management software training.
China is at the forefront of countries demanding highly developed project management skills which contribute towards economic development and GDP growth. This means a there is a continuous and high demand for professionals with training in project management.
Suzhou, Shanghai and Wuxi are important hubs of business and economic activities and we expect to see strong demand for people with project management skills across various industries in these hubs and more widely across Asia and beyond.
Graduates may work in industries such as e-commerce, oil and gas, software, IT, construction, airlines, retail and manufacturing.
RMB 120,000 for the entire 18-month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in any discipline.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum of 5.5 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 90 (minimum of 21 in any skill)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 18, 2017