This degree is a great stepping stone for those seeking to enter the field of urban management who are searching for a graduate experience that combines academic learning and practical knowledge.
What will I learn?
This program is geared to both professionals and academics and prepares them with the knowledge and skill-set necessary to become innovative urban managers! Students will learn:
- How to manage the complex urban multidisciplinary environment
- Action and strategic planning, policy analysis, research methods and negotiation and communication
- Urban issues, policies and trends around the world
What are some of the most exciting components of this program?
- Students from over 45 different nations
- High profile guest lecturers
- 6 different specializations
- Theory perfected by IHS’ almost 60 years of experience in the field
How will I learn?
The intensive 12-month MSc is divided into three main periods: a core period, a specialization period and a thesis period.
To maximize retention, confidence, and practical know-how in the students, material is taught using working groups, group assignments, field visits and fieldwork. In interactive lectures, workshops, and discussions, students engage in group and individual exercises, analyze cases, give presentations and write papers and essays which deepen their knowledge about the concepts and theory.
What can I expect at the end of my studies?
In the end, the program aims to create leaders who analyze and develop cities based on in-depth understanding of urban theory and practice.And to back this up, students will receive a worldwide recognized Master of Science degree from IHS, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Want to learn more about where to apply, course dates, scholarship opportunities and more? Submit your enquiry and join us here in Rotterdam!
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 7, 2018