The MSc programme in Physics offers five two-year research specialisations, which are connected to the research carried out at the Leiden Institute of Physics (LION), and three specialisations that are more broadly oriented, and combine at least one year of the physics curriculum with training in which specific career opportunities in science-related professions can be explored.
- Physics and Education
- Physics and Science Communication and Society
- Physics and Science-Based Business
- Research in Physics, Biological and Soft Matter Physics
- Research in Physics, Cosmology
- Research in Physics, pre-PhD ('Casimir')
- Research in Physics, Quantum Matter and Optics
- Research in Physics, theoretical
4 reasons to choose Physics at Leiden University
- The programme places a strong emphasis on research training. Students can spend up to 50% of their time on research projects.
- Leiden University is known for its top-level international research and excellent research groups, both theoretical and experimental, in which master’s students participate during their research projects. Many master’s students obtain their degree with a publication in an international refereed journal.
- The programme offers a wide choice of individual profiles. Specialisations have been defined within the Master programme, but there still is wide latitude for tailoring individual programmes. Individual plans can always be discussed with the study advisor and submitted to the Board of Examiners for approval.
- The close connection between the MSc programme and the Leiden Institute of Physics results in an open atmosphere, in which students are invited to attend lectures and symposia and to participate in scientific discussions.
EU/EEA, Dutch (including Netherlands Antilles), Swiss or Surinamese: around €1,984.
Other: around €17,800.
If you would like to know more, perhaps regarding the specialisations, please get in touch or visit the programme introduction page on our website: http://en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/physics/en/introduction.
Among the subjects you will be taking with this programme, you may find the following:
- Academic and Professional Skills
- Advanced Biophysics
- Advanced Topics in Theoretical Physics I- Renormalisation, Effective Field Theory and AdS/CFT
- Advances in Data Mining
- Complex network (BM)
- Databases and Data Mining
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 31, 2017