MSc Organisational Behaviour
Organisational Behaviour involves the study of individuals and groups within organisational and social contexts, and the study of internal processes and practices as they affect those individuals and groups. Our MSc programme is relevant to students looking to develop careers either as general managers or organisational consultants, and provides an excellent grounding for an academic or research based career. In addition we offer the opportunity to complete Level A and B Psychometric Testing Training as defined by the British Psychological Society.
Outline of programme
This programme is designed for graduates from diverse backgrounds providing both a theoretical and practical grounding in Organisational Behaviour. It will develop knowledge, understanding and skills relating to human behaviour in the workplace, well-being of employees, HRM and organisation effectiveness. Core modules address topics in organisational behaviour and work psychology, and students select two additional modules from those available within the Aston Business School MSc..
- Learning and Talent Development
- Assessment, Performance and Reward
- Organisational Behaviour
- Organisational Behaviour: Theory and Practice
- Research Methods in Human Resource
- Management and Organisational Behaviour Strategy: Change and Leadership.
Elective Modules (choose two)
- Accounting for Non-Financial Managers
- Employee Relations and Counselling
- Strategic and International Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Management of Innovation
- Economic Environment of Business
- Employee Relations in Contex
The taught modules are assessed through a mixture of examinations and coursework. The taught element of the programme is complemented by a substantial piece of research leading to the completion of a dissertation.
This programme prepares you for a widerange of business and management roles. it also provides an excellent grounding for an academic or research based career. Recent examples of jobs taken by graduates of this programme include; Strategy and Transformation Technology Consultant - IBM Global Services, Senior Consultant - Talentnet Corporation (Vietnam) and Business Development Manager - Prodos Ltd (Nigeria).
One of the following:
- A good UK honours degree (minimum lower second class)
- Equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University.
As well as:
- Two professional references – at least one must be from an academic referee
- An official academic transcript of your university grades to date
- A completed application form.
For International Students:
- An official academic transcript, with an official English translation, of your university grades to date
- International students whose native language is not English will also need to satisfy our English language requirements with one of the following:
- TOEFL Internet Based Test score of 93 overall, with a minimum score of 22 in speaking, 19 in listening, 26 in writing and 18 in reading. Please note that TOEFL scores are subject to terms and conditions.
- IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and speaking and 6 in listening and reading).
Pre-sessional English language programmes are available for good applicants whose English qualification falls just short of these requirements.
This school offers programs in: