The MSc Operations and Supply Chain Management programme covers all aspects of effective operations and supply chain management, in a highly competitive global marketplace. It looks at how successful operations and supply chain management can shape the sales and profit potential of a business. Combining XJTLU’s growing reputation and International Business School Suzhou’s dynamic and innovative international expertise, alongside intensive collaboration with the business community and proximity to the Yangtze River Delta region, the programme is one of the few English language masters programmes of its type in China.
Throughout the programme, opportunities are provided for you to analyse and examine the most up-to-date developments in operations and supply chain practice through a series of industrial lectures and best practice industry visits. You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to reach senior managerial positions or become an operations, logistics and supply chain management strategist.
Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System）in 2016 and 2018 respectively.
AACSB accreditation is a globally recognised standard for the highest quality in business education. Only five per cent of business schools worldwide have been awarded the accreditation.
The EQUIS accreditation is a quality certification system for business schools set up by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development). It has become the most global authoritive and select business school certification body in the world with its comprehensive and rigorous review process. IBSS becomes the youngest business school in the world to have received both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation. There are only less than 100 business schools that have received both AACSB and EQUIS accreditation. This is an important milestone in becoming a world class business school and highlights the strength and significant influence of IBSS at the international level.
Why Should I Study Operations and Supply Chain Management at XJLTU?
During your studies, there is the opportunity to engage with and learn from leading organisations, thanks to our extensive links with businesses and public sector services, locally and across the world, providing you with exciting opportunities for placements, mentoring, involvement in live projects, and networking.
Knowledge and skills
Through studying MSc Operations and Supply Chain Management you will:
- develop an understanding of how operations can be managed as a strategic resource
- understand the requirements of successful operations and supply chain practice in modern business
- learn how to identify and apply a range of operations management initiatives and techniques that can be considered in the development of an operations strategy
- understand and be able to apply the models, processes and tools used to analyse, design and implement operations and supply chain management and logistics solutions
- gain understanding of the decisions involved in the selection of suppliers as well as the role and objectives of the purchasing function
- develop a thorough understanding of the components of supply chains, the material and information flow interactions between them and the analytical and management processes that facilitate successful supply chain performance
- be able to apply benchmarking and comparative performance techniques
- be able to demonstrate critical awareness of current research in business and management through independent analysis of a relevant business case
- Supply chain operations management
- Strategic operations management
- Logistics and physical distribution
- Strategic purchasing management
- Theory and practice of lean operations
- Strategic business analysis
- Accounting and financial management
- Fundamentals of project management
- Modelling and simulation of operations
- Marketing management.
Additional learning activity modules
The completion of additional learning activities is required to complete your masters degree. Normally, required ALA hours will be distributed evenly across each semester, amounting to 200 hours per semester. Part-time programmes will normally require 100 to 150 hours per semester.
MSc Operations and Supply Chain Management graduates are now working for companies like Jaguar, Bosch, Mondeleze, Accenture, Caterpillar, Daimler Chrysler, Deloitte Consultants, Ford Motor Company, GE, Maersk, Unilever, Unipart, Westinghouse and Cargill.
Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2018 Shanghai Ranking--75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2018 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85% percent or above, depending on your Undergraduate institution
Note: Shanghai Ranking of The Best Chinese Universities is subject to annual update
Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
Equivalent academic qualifications
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in finance, accounting, economics, management, science or engineering.
English Language Requirements
If English is not your native language or if you have not studied in English at degree level, you will need to provide evidence of your English proficiency. You should normally possess one of the following qualifications:
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum of 5.5 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 90 (minimum of 21 in any skill)
In exceptional circumstances, individual cases will be considered on their own merits. You may be required to attend interviews or tests to further demonstrate your English proficiency.
If you miss the English language requirements by 0.5-1.0 of an IELTS band, or a similar number for other English language exams, you can be admitted to the programme after successful completion of our five- or eight-week intensive English presessional course.
You can also apply to take the XJTLU English language test in lieu of an IELTS/TOEFL or equivalent. Based on the score, students may be admitted or may be required to take and successfully complete the five- or eight-week intensive English presessional course.
Additionally, students may be required to complete English language courses on a pass/fail basis as part of the additional learning activity requirement during their studies at XJTLU.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 21, 2018