Tuition fee scholarships of £3,300 are available for this programme.
Designed and developed in consultation with senior executives and directors of major organisations of the oil and gas industry, this programme focuses on the ‘downstream’ side of the industry - the management of trade in oil and gas products.
Three key themes of risk management, strategy and added value are woven throughout the programme.
You will explore the process of trade in oil and gas from seller, buyer and intermediary perspectives, and develop the practical problem-solving skills needed for success in a growth industry.
Trading and finance modules, partially delivered by a city-based major graduate trading and training company, will give you the experience of a practical trading project in real trading conditions.
You will also examine corporate social responsibility, and the environmental, sustainability and social issues involved.
Why should I choose this programme?Today’s energy sector demands talented, highly trained individuals who can demonstrate leadership, strategic thinking and the ability to manage risk in complex business situations.
This programme's three key themes, along with its industry links and practical approach, will create graduates able to meet these demands.
The programme is taught by highly qualified academics and experienced industry professionals, and learning is enhanced by high-profile guest speakers. You will also have access to and the support of dedicated internal and external career advisors and coaches specialising in the oil and gas sectors
This degree is recognised by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), providing you with access to CMI resources during your studies, and enabling you to gain CMI membership upon degree completion.
Key skills, aims and objectives
- Identify and evaluate the economic and political factors influencing the global oil and gas industry
- Analyse the structure of the commodities markets and understand price formation and the pricing of risk management
- Understand the legal and regulatory framework of physical trade and shipping
- Develop a critical awareness of the uncertainties and current issues in oil and gas markets
- Respond to the social and ethical issues prevalent in the industry
- Be aware of the latest research and practice, and use a range of numerical, IT and communication skills to interpret data and present solutions
You will develop the numerical, analytical, communication and research skills required for management positions in any organisation where energy is a key variable.
Your negotiation and leadership skills will enable you to respond effectively to complex business situations and develop as an entrepreneur in identifying and responding to new opportunities.
CMI membership provides access to a wealth of resources that foster employability, including Continued Professional Development (CPD) and access to dedicated job postings.
- Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), leading to Chartered Manager status for graduates
- Affiliated to Oil & Gas UK, the trade body working with companies, governments and other stakeholders on significant issues
- Affiliated to the Energy Institute, the professional body for the energy industry delivering good practice and professionalism across the depth and breadth of the sector
This school offers programs in: