Choose Kingston's Networking and Data Communications MSc
This course aims to provide the knowledge and skills required to design, model and effectively operate secure and dependable digital IP-based networks. It will provide you with the opportunity to gain a sound understanding of the internet protocol suite that forms the core for current data networks. The fusion of the internet world and multimedia is also addressed, as well as wireless communications. You can combine this course with management studies.
- This course is accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT.
- You will have the opportunity to study for industry certification, including CISCO, as an optional extra to the master's programme.
- You will have the option to work in one of our state-of-the-art research labs, called WMN (Wireless Multimedia and Networking). WMN is involved in EU and UK research collaborations and offers opportunities for advanced research and short-term research fellowships on completion of your MSc degree.
What will you study?
Using the latest methods and conforming to current network design standards, you will develop a disciplined engineering approach to, and sound practical skills in, the specification, design, modelling and implementation of software and hardware. You will gain specialist knowledge of digital communications, multimedia communications, wireless networks, security issues and other advanced technologies. You will have access to a dedicated test LAN/ WLAN with a diverse range of platforms and equipment, including wireless networks and enterprise scale networking technologies.
The management studies route modules will set your technical knowledge in a management context.
Coursework and/or exams, research project/dissertation.
The full MSc course consists of an induction programme, four taught modules, and project dissertation. Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
Networking and Data Communications MSc modules
- Data Communications
- Wireless Communications and Networks
- Network and Information Security
- Multimedia Communications
- Project Dissertation
Learn a language
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include: Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Cost & Fees
Home and European Union 2016/17
- MSc part time £3,465
- MSc full time £6,300
Overseas (not EU) 2016/17
- MSc part time £7,095
- MSc full time £12,900
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 19, 2018