Multimedia and wireless communications is a rapidly growing area in the booming communications industry. New standards such as 4G and 5G for mobile networking enable applications including triple services for mobile networks, digital television, video streaming, interactive gaming, navigation services, and emergency and healthcare applications. It is technologically challenging to deliver these multimedia applications and services efficiently over emerging and diverse wireless networks. To meet this challenge, engineers need to have a deep understanding of wireless and multimedia technologies.
The MSc Multimedia Telecommunications programme aims to provide you with an understanding of the technical characteristics of wireless systems and multimedia technologies. It will cover advanced topics in wireless communications for voice, data and multimedia. Meanwhile, this programme will also cover technologies to understand the multimedia data using state-of-the-art technologies, such as deep learning.
You will benefit from:
- a degree from a globally respected university.
- excellent research facilities with advanced experimental equipment.
- knowledge of cutting-edge technologies needed in the job market.
- abundant opportunities to get involved in various national or industry-funded projects. Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
- Advanced signal processing
- Image and video processing
- Deep learning for computer vision
- Data communication and communication networks
- Mobile communications
- Multimedia communications
- Coding and cryptography
- Project management
- Renewable kinetic energy technologies
- Power electronics and applications for renewable energy.
Additional learning activity modules
Graduates of this programme will have skills that are in demand in a job market with abundant research and application opportunities. You will have the necessary skills to enter careers in some of the most dynamic fields in image and video communications, artificial intelligence, computer vision, and will typically be employed as multimedia systems engineers, artificial intelligence developers, multimedia system and information technology consultants, mobile projects managers, wireless and mobile communication consultants, and managers and team leaders in the communications industry.
RMB 90,000 for the entire 18-month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in a relevant field such as telecommunication engineering, electronic science and technology, electrical engineering, and computer science and technology.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.0 (minimum of 5.0 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 80
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 29, 2018