This course is for Graduates looking for a specialist route to a career in marketing with a background in business/management.
Deepen your understanding of core marketing theory and learn to apply it in a practical setting.
We designed this course with input from marketing industry leaders. This means you’ll develop the skills employers are looking for. Our industry links and the practical focus of this course will help your CV stand out from the crowd.
To help you prepare for any marketing career, you will learn about the three core elements of modern marketing:
- marketing to consumers
- marketing to businesses and organisations
- marketing and society
We have close links with a range of organisations. This means we get input into our course from industry leaders. You’ll learn business skills that are important to the right employers.
We give you the edge
The practical focus of our courses will help you stand out from the crowd. You will develop key skills and work with employers from the start of your course.
Our graduates have a great employment record. Most go on to careers in a range of areas, start their own business or begin a PhD.
Overall, 84% of our class of 2018 graduates received job offers within 3 months of graduating*
*Employment data is based on the employment activity of the 2017-18 cohort for those employed or looking for work and for whom data is held.
- Combine the latest marketing research with industry practice to go beyond ‘just’ the theory.
- Apply academic theory to a practical issue with an optional dissertation alternative. You'll get valuable experience working on a real problem.
- Deepen your understanding of modern marketing. Our faculty are experts in marketing to consumers, business and society.
- Develop skills and knowledge to help you create fresh, innovative ideas and stand out to employers.
- Learn through action with our Global Residencies, Business Challenge Week and Action Project. You'll get practical experience to take with you into your future career.
Master's at Bath from University of Bath on Vimeo.
Semester one: taught units
You will take these units:
- Marketing and society
- Consumer psychology
- Marketing to businesses and organisations
- Strategic marketing
- Advertising theory and practice
Semester two: taught units
You will take these units:
- Strategic brand management
- International marketing across cultures
- Research methods for marketing
You will select one of these units:
- Financial management for international business
- Principles of corporate social responsibility
- Project management
- Business analytics
- New product development
- Understanding employment law
- Contemporary and emerging issues for organisations
Summer: Dissertation or Practice Track
You will finish the course by choosing one of these two options:
You will produce a unique piece of research using techniques learned throughout the year.
You will work with one of our partner organisations to solve a real business challenge. In teams, you will apply what you have learned and present your work to the company.
Teaching and learning
You’ll learn from academics who are experts in the fields of management and marketing.
You will experience a variety of teaching methods including:
- interactive lectures
- case studies
- seminar presentations
- group project work
All units are taught on campus.
Specialists from our Careers Service, Academic Skills Centre and Library offer a range of personal development opportunities. There are more options available through the Students’ Union.
Methods of assessment
Units are assessed by a combination of formal examinations and coursework.
"I wanted to study Marketing at a university that would encourage practice-oriented thinking and offer an international, friendly learning environment. University of Bath has exactly this mix."
You should have at least a 2:1 (or its international equivalent) in your undergraduate degree.
Your degree can be in any discipline but it must have included an appropriate level of business or management content. This should include marketing.
If you are a UK student and completed your undergraduate degree abroad, your qualification must be equivalent to a 2:1 or above.
We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
In exceptional cases, relevant work experience may be a substitute for the degree requirement. You should have no more than three years’ relevant work experience.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, you will need to pass an English language test.
You will need an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of at least 7.0 overall. Your scores for reading, writing, listening and speaking must be at least 6.5.
These results must be no more than two years old from the start date of your MSc course.
We also accept other language tests, including PTE Academic, TOEFL. iBT, CPE and CAE.
If you are already studying in the UK
If you completed all of your undergraduate studies in:
- the UK
- a country where English is the official first language
You may be exempt from our English language requirements.
About the School
The University of Bath is a world-class university offering fantastic teaching and research opportunities, a fully supported and well-established placement scheme, first-class sports facilities and a ... Read More