Marketing is the process by which companies determine what products or services may be of interest to customers, and the strategy to use in sales, communications and business development. In this programme, you will be introduced to the foundation of marketing, the theoretical underpinnings, the marketing mixes, and current issues and future trends in marketing. You will be confronted with a number of relevant issues, including branding, customer relationship management, e-marketing and green marketing. The programme of study is up to date, intellectually inspiring and relevant.
Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sports management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
We offer students of all ages and backgrounds a chance to study either part-time or full-time in our department and to gain an internationally recognised University of London qualification.
Why study this course at Birkbeck?
- A high-level programme in marketing, attracting high-quality, highly motivated students from around the globe.
- Provides a comprehensive understanding of the relevance and necessity of marketing.
- You will develop objective insights into the subject matter and learn about marketing decision-making processes.
- Introduces you to the foundation of marketing, the theoretical underpinnings, the marketing mixes, current issues and future trends.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available. You will also have access to the Birkbeck Library and e-Library where you can obtain books and journal articles that are required for your studies.
Careers and employability
A number of our graduates either get promoted, or go on within their own work organisations or branch into new careers in a variety of settings, including local and national government, business and industry. Our qualifications in marketing are designed to provide a foundation both for those wishing to engage critically with the issues of marketing and business and for those wishing to be involved professionally in the process of marketing.
Possible careers include advertising, media marketing, event marketing, branding and brand management, sponsorship, public relations, marketing management, distribution, account management and market research.
Cost & Fees
- Part-time home/EU students: £ 5225 pa
- Full-time home/EU students: £ 10450 pa
- Part-time overseas students: £ 7975 pa
- Full-time overseas students: £ 15950 pa
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 30, 2018