- Duration: 1-year full-time
- Start date: September 2019
- Apply by: 1 August (International), 1 September (UK/EU)
Psychology plays an important role in many aspects of business and marketing. Consumer psychology is the key to understanding buyer behavior, enabling organizations to design innovative products and create effective communication messages.
This course will prepare you for careers building on both disciplines – whether you wish to pursue a successful career in marketing, or more generally apply psychological theories to the world of business.
Your studies will culminate in a research project that bridges marketing and psychology.
Why choose this course?
- Marketing at Sussex is ranked 7th in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2018).
- 91% of our Psychology, Psychiatry, and Neuroscience research quality was rated world-leading or internationally excellent in terms of originality, significance, and rigor in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF).
- Benefit from the combined academic expertise and industry experience of the School of Psychology and the School of Business, Management, and Economics at Sussex.
In the autumn and spring terms, you’ll study a series of core modules.
In the summer term, you carry out your research project.
Assessment is through a combination of coursework, projects, examinations, and presentations.
These modules are running in the academic year 2018/19. We also plan to offer them in future academic years. They may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
Core modules are taken by all students on the course. They give you a solid grounding in your chosen subject and prepare you to explore the topics that interest you most.
Alongside your core modules, you can choose options to broaden your horizons and tailor your course to your interests.
How much does it cost?
- UK/EU students: £11,450 per year
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £11,450 per year
- International students: £20,750 per year
Note that your fees may be subject to an increase on an annual basis.
Find out typical living costs for studying at Sussex
How can I fund my course?
Postgraduate Masters loans
You can borrow up to £10,609 to help with fees and living costs if your course starts on or after 1 August 2018. Loans are available from the Student Loans Company if you’re from the UK or if you’re an EU national studying for a Masters.
Find out more about Postgraduate Masters Loans
Our aim is to ensure that every student who wants to study with us is able to despite financial barriers, so that we continue to attract talented and unique individuals.
Our Marketing and Consumer Psychology MSc opens up career options in both marketing and psychology. Prepare yourself for a range of roles including in:
- fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG)
- retail marketing
- brand management
- public relations
- market research
- consumer insight management
- goods and services innovation
- social marketing and channel management.
92% of students from the Department of Business and Management were in work or further study six months after graduating. Recent University of Sussex Business School graduates have gone on to jobs including:
- foresight researcher, Nesta
- HR reward analyst, Southern Water
- sales and marketing executive, Amaze One.
(HESA EPI, Destinations of Post Graduate Leavers of Higher Education 2017 survey)