Are you looking to expand your marketing knowledge and skill set?
Then TBS Barcelona’s full-time, 18-month MSc Marketing Management will enable you to acquire that important competitive edge in a dynamic, constantly changing industry. Taught entirely in English and highly customizable, this programme offers 4 specialisation tracks so that you can easily tailor the courses to help you achieve your career goals: B2C Marketing, B2B Marketing, International Business and Fashion and Luxury, one of Spain’s fastest growing sectors. The MSc Marketing Management will train you to make the best marketing decisions with a fundamental, rigorous management basis so you will be ready to take on any managerial marketing position. You will also get hands-on practice during a 6-month internship in top national and international businesses. What’s more, a personalised coaching programme will set you on your way to finding your ideal professional path. TBS Barcelona’s MSc Marketing Management has a deeply practical focus, as well as an unflinching dedication to academic rigour. Amongst our teaching staff, we count on leading practitioners in the marketing field and internationally recognized academics to give a broader business perspective. In addition, the assessment committee, formed of industry experts, oversees the course contents to ensure they are always relevant to the latest trends and developments. Everything you need to launch you on your marketing management career!
Why choose our MSc Marketing Management?
- Highly customizable
- TBS - UPC double degree
- TBS Triple Accreditation - Innovation Guaranteed
- Internationally Minded
- Internships - Put Theory into Practice
- Personalised Coaching
- Highly employable graduates
- Barcelona - One of a kind
Business Preparatory Course (November)
If you don’t have a management-related academic background, you are still invited to apply to these programmes. The Admissions Committee will assess your application and, if admitted, you will be required to enrol in the Business Preparatory Course (BPC), with no extra cost, designed to align your knowledge to the master’s requirements. Management graduates are also welcome to take the BPC. BPC will take place before the beginning of the regular MSc programmes classes from November to December 2017. The Business Preparatory Course consists of the following modules:
- Introduction to Accounting and Finance
- Quantitative Methods
- Introduction to Marketing
The MSc Marketing Management is taught over 3 terms. During the first term, you will learn the fundamentals of marketing, as well as the most advanced techniques in the marketing field. In the second term, you will be able to specialize in the most relevant area for achieving your career goals. The third term will be spent undertaking a professional internship in a renowned national or international company. Throughout the course, you will benefit from our personal coaching programme, which will guide you on how to successfully identify your ideal career path.
1st semester (January to June)
Common subjects Focused on developing an understanding of the complexity of business and general management.
- Business Plan
- Company Strategy
- International Business
- System Dynamics
- Human Resources
Core subjects in Marketing Introduction to the fundamental elements of marketing, with concepts illustrated through application and professional examples.
- Decisions on consumers and markets
- Customer relationships
- Marketing Strategies
During the core subjects in Marketing, students will choose between the following fast tracks:
- General Marketing
- Fashion and Luxury Marketing
Business Game Students will be divided into teams to compete with each other as if they were different companies in the same industry. Added complexity comes from the fact that competing teams may be in Barcelona or at the main campus in Toulouse.
2nd semester (September to December)
Strategy intensive course An intensive strategy course that involves revisiting concepts from the first year, developing and applying them to the resolution of highly complex real business cases. Specialisation tracks This programme offers 4 specialisation tracks so that you can easily tailor the courses to help you achieve your career goals:
- B2B Marketing
- B2C Marketing
- International Marketing
- Fashion and Luxury
SESAME A consulting project performed in teams comprising the strategic assessment of a real company and the proposal of strategic recommendations.
3rd semester (January to June)
Compulsory 6-month internship You will also get hands-on practice during a 6-month internship in top national and international businesses. What’s more, a personalised coaching programme will set you on your way to finding your ideal professional path.
- Be under 33 years old on the MSc programme start date.
- Have no more than 2 years of work experience in a position relevant to the MSc course's field.
- There is no minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement. However, a strong GPA will be viewed positively when considering the application.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree (with a minimum 180 ECTS) from a non-French accredited university.
- Candidates who are likely to have obtained such a qualification before the beginning of the MSc course are also eligible to apply.
Proficiency in English Candidates needs to present an officially recognised English certificate. The minimum scores needed for admission are:
- TOEFL IBT: > 90
- IELTS: > 6.5
Note: Candidates do not have to provide proof of their English level if English is their mother tongue or if they took their bachelor’s degree fully in English. Admission tests Candidates must take one of the following admission tests:
- TBS admission test or
- GMAT (minimum 540) or
- Complete the online application form
- Upload the required application documents**
- Pay the admission fee via credit card or bank transfer (130€)
- Arrange to take the online TBS Admission Test, or provide a certificate of any of the recognised admission tests mentioned above
- Have an admission interview (face-to-face or via Skype)
- Wait to be notified of the admission decision. This will be sent by email.
Admission to the MSc courses operates on a rolling admission basis: the sooner you apply, the greater your chances of being admitted. You must provide the required application documents before the application deadline; otherwise, your application will be rolled over to the next round.
A copy of the following documents will be required from you:
- Scanned copy of your bachelor's degree certificate
- Scanned copy of the Transcript of Records from your first degree, including the GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Scanned copy of your passport or ID card
- Official proof of English level (check the required scores above)
- Photo (in .JPG format)
- CV (written in English)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 30, 2018