Marketing communications are messages and related media used to communicate with a market. This programme explores and investigates the marketing communications business, how marketing communications work, how to plan a marketing communications campaign, and ethical considerations when implementing marketing communications in practice.
You will demonstrate a critical understanding and appreciation of marketing communications issues and how marketers define and solve problems, and will gain an appreciation of how the marketing communications function relates to other business functions.
Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
We offer students of all ages and backgrounds a chance to study either part-time or full-time in our department and to gain an internationally recognised University of London qualification.
Why study this course at Birkbeck?
- Gain insights into marketing communications theory and practice in a range of industries and organisations, so you can identify appropriate practical tools.
- Understand the processes and requirements underpinning organisational decision-making, enabling you to contribute to marketing communications management.
- Appreciate how marketeres formulate and implement marketing communications policies, programmes and strategies.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available. You will also have access to the Birkbeck Library and e-Library where you can obtain books and journal articles that are required for your studies.
Careers and employability
Possible careers include advertising, media marketing, event marketing, branding and brand management, sponsorship, public relations, marketing management, distribution, account management and market research.
A number of our graduates either get promoted or branch into new careers in a variety of settings, including local and national government, business and industry. Our qualifications in marketing are designed to provide a foundation both for those wishing to engage critically with the issues of marketing and business and for those wishing to be involved professionally in the process of marketing.
Cost & Fees
- Part-time home/EU students: £ 5225 pa
- Full-time home/EU students: £ 10450 pa
- Part-time overseas students: £ 7975 pa
- Full-time overseas students: £ 15950 pa
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 30, 2018