- Duration: 1-year full time
- Start date: September 2019
- Apply by: 1 August (International), 1 September (UK/EU)
Exploring key perspectives of management, you’ll learn to:
- challenge your way of thinking
- handle strategic situations
- create innovative solutions to business problems. You’ll also develop the personal and practical skills – including critical thinking and time management – required in business.
How will I study?
You’ll study taught modules in the autumn and spring terms. In the spring term, you choose options to suit your interests. In the summer term, you work on a research project. There is a personal and professional development module running throughout the year.
You’ll be assessed through a combination of:
- briefing papers
- reports and essays
- group presentations and group project reports
- unseen exams
- a research project.
These modules are running in the academic year 2018/19. We also plan to offer them in future academic years. They may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
Core modules are taken by all students on the course. They give you a solid grounding in your chosen subject and prepare you to explore the topics that interest you most.
Alongside your core modules, you can choose options to broaden your horizons and tailor your course to your interests.
How much does it cost?
- UK/EU students: £11,450 per year
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £11,450 per year
- International students: £20,750 per year
Note that your fees may be subject to an increase on an annual basis.
Find out typical living costs for studying at Sussex
How can I fund my course?
Postgraduate Masters loans
You can borrow up to £10,609 to help with fees and living costs if your course starts on or after 1 August 2018. Loans are available from the Student Loans Company if you’re from the UK or if you’re an EU national studying for a Masters.
Find out more about Postgraduate Masters Loans
Our aim is to ensure that every student who wants to study with us is able to despite financial barriers, so that we continue to attract talented and unique individuals.
Career planning is an integral part of this MSc. We offer guidance in thinking about your career objectives and help you present yourself to potential employers with confidence. You also attend a series of guest lectures and events with access to potential employers
This course opens up a wide range of career opportunities in strategic or operational management across private, public and not-for profit sectors. This could include roles such as:
- management consultancy
- business analysis
- change management
- operations management
- managing human resources.
92% of students from the Department of Business and Management were in work or further study six months after graduating. Recent University of Sussex Business School graduates have gone on to jobs including:
- business account manager, Total Gas and Power
- business unit manager, Ministry of Planning and Development
- management graduate trainee, Lloyds Bank.
(HESA EPI, Destinations of Post Graduate Leavers of Higher Education 2017 survey)