- Rated one of the world’s best in the 2018 Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking.
- Expand your network by studying with an international cohort of students from a wide range of academic backgrounds.
- Improve your practical skills by working on live business projects.
- Benefit from our Careers Camp and dedicated support from our Careers Coach.
- Tailor your programme to your aspirations with specialist options in term three.
- Gain two Masters programmes with the Double Degree programme.
Launch your international career in Business with the Exeter Masters in Management (MIM) programme. This programme is ideal if you do not have previous business and management subject experience as it will equip you with all the essential knowledge and skills to be able to thrive in a dynamic and ever-changing business environment.
The MSc Management programme is also suitable if you are looking to grow your knowledge in areas such as strategy, future trends, leadership, operational management, marketing and business analytics. With our research-led teaching, we will give you a fresh new approach to these, and other topics to prepare you to succeed in a variety of management roles across a range of sectors.
You will study with people from all around the world, giving you the opportunity to expand your network and learn about working with, and doing business with other cultures. Throughout the programme, we work with businesses to learn from their expertise and enable you to work on live projects, in order to improve your practical business and management skills.
Enhance your degree with Study Abroad opportunities
Spend your first year at Exeter and a second year at another world-class international institution, resulting in two Masters degrees and the opportunity to expand your knowledge even further. We offer three fantastic Double Degree options with:
- Grenoble Ecole de Management in France
- EBS University of Business and Law in Germany
- Fudan University School of Economics in China
The opportunity to study with Fudan is specific to MSc Economics, MSc Economics & Econometrics, MSc Financial Economics and MSc Money, Banking and Finance.
The programme is delivered over three terms and is University-based throughout this time. The taught components of the programme are delivered in the first two terms, leaving the third term to complete either your dissertation, business project, summer school or work experience. The programme in its entirety runs from September to September.
Please note that programme structures may be subject to change.
The programme is divided into units of study called modules which are assigned a number of 'credits'. The credit rating of a module is proportional to the total workload, with one credit being nominally equivalent to 10 hours of work. During the programme, you will study modules totalling 180 credits.
Learning and teaching
Our postgraduate taught programmes utilise a range of teaching methods including lectures, seminars and tutorials.
The aim of lectures is to give you information on ideas that are central to the module and to help you in developing your understanding of complex ideas. Many of the teaching materials for lectures are made available to you electronically to accompany the notes you take during the lecture. Lectures are given by a range of staff members, including leading professors, who integrate their latest research findings into the teaching that you receive. Guest lecturers, including members of industry, also contribute to some modules.
Seminars and tutorials
Seminars and tutorials involve an in-depth exploration of the issues covered in lectures as well as giving you the opportunity to discuss various concepts and theories and receive feedback on your written assignments.
Modules are assessed through a mixture of group work, coursework, project work and examinations; the weighting of each of these components will vary according to the academic requirements of the module. Examinations are normally held at the end of the module, in January and May/June.
Entry requirements 2020
- A 2:1 with honours in any discipline from a recognised university.
- IELTS (Academic) At least 7.0 overall and no less than 6.0 in any other section.
- TOEFL IBT* At least 100 with minimum scores of 21 for writing, 21 for listening, 22 for reading and 23 for speaking.
If you are an international student, please visit our international equivalency pages to enable you to see if your existing academic qualifications meet our entry requirements.
An MSc in Management enables you to develop the professional and global management skills and subject expertise that will make you a valuable asset from day one of your careers and set you apart from other graduates.
Your career is the central focus of the programme, so we have designed a range of activities to support you in achieving the career you want:
- The Careers Camp – unique to the programme and held during induction week with workshops and lectures specifically designed to help you think about your goals.
- The Global Career Management Module, designed exclusively for the programme, builds on the academic and applied knowledge you will gain throughout your studies, enabling you to apply that learning more successfully to your chosen career path.
- Dedicated Careers Coach attached to the programme who you can meet with on a 1-2-1 basis to discuss CV design and mock interviews.
- We combine your learning with practical experience by getting you to tackle real industry challenges for current businesses.
- Network and learn from industry leaders at our guest speaker events.
- Gain two Masters programmes in two years with our Double Degree programme.
- Access to the Career Mentor Scheme to help develop your professional goals with successful alumni in your chosen field.
- Weekly careers e-bulletins bringing you the latest career news and events.
Careers in International Management
After graduation, you will join our community of more than 26,000 Business School alumni in over 150 different countries who are actively shaping the world around us. Graduates from this programme have secured roles with a wide variety of organisations including:
- BNP Paribas
- Deloitte (India)
- Singapore Airlines
- Goldman Sachs
- IBM (China)
- Industrial & Commercial Bank of China
- Pinjin Asset Management
- AXA Insurance (China)
- Johnson & Johnson (Russia)
- Apple (China)
- Baker Tilly
Developing your skills and career prospects
The University of Exeter Business School provides a range of support to help you develop skills attractive to employers.