This course is for Graduates who want to complement their non-management background with management knowledge, tools and skills.
Our MSc in Management provides you with a solid grounding in all the key management disciplines. You can choose to follow a general management route or you can specialise in one of these areas:
- Corporate social responsibility
- Human resource management
- Operations management
We give you the edge
The practical focus of our courses will help you stand out from the crowd. You will develop key skills and work with employers from the start of your course.
Our graduates have a great employment record. Most go on to careers in a range of areas, start their own business or begin a PhD.
Overall, 84% of our class of 2018 graduates received job offers within 3 months of graduating*.
*Employment data is based on the employment activity of the 2017-18 cohort for those employed or looking for work and for whom data is held.
- Excellent employment prospects. 84% of our 2018 MSc graduates received a job offer within three months of graduation.
- The option to specialise in marketing, operations management, finance, human resource management or corporate social responsibility.
- Apply academic theory to a practical issue with an optional dissertation alternative. You'll get valuable experience working on a real problem.
- Benefit from a strong support system. Personal tutoring will allow you to develop extracurricular academic and professional skills.
- Share your knowledge and experiences with students from diverse backgrounds. Our 2018 class included 18 nationalities with first degrees in engineering, science, languages and the arts.
Master's at Bath from University of Bath on Vimeo.
Semester One: taught units
You will take these units
- Business economics
- Fundamentals of accounting and financial management
- Human resource management
- Operations management
Semester two: taught units
You will take this unit:
- Methods of management research
You will select four of these units:
- Virtual organising: understanding group behaviour online Understanding employment law
- Strategic management
- Fundamentals of corporate finance
- Financial management for international business
- Management consulting: data-driven approaches
- Project management
- Strategy and human resource management
- Strategic brand management Investment banking
- Leading and managing change
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Global governance and accountability principles of corporate social responsibility
- Supply management
- Business analytics
- Consumer behaviour
- Strategies for sustainability
- Contemporary and emerging issues for organisations
- New product development
- Risk and risk management
- Economic governance and industrial policy
- Managing strategic partnerships
Summer: Dissertation or Practice Track
You will finish the course by choosing one of these two options:
You will produce a unique piece of research using techniques learned throughout the year.
You will work with one of our partner organisations to solve a real business challenge. In teams, you will apply what you have learned and present your work to the company.
Teaching and learning
You’ll learn from academics who are experts in the field of management.
You will experience a variety of teaching methods including:
- interactive lectures
- case studies
- seminar presentations
- group project work
All units are taught on campus.
Specialists from our Careers Service, Academic Skills Centre and Library offer a range of personal development opportunities. There are more options available through the Students’ Union.
Methods of assessment
Units are assessed by a combination of formal examinations and coursework.
“The School put a lot of effort into improving you professionally and academically”
MSc in Management
"Choosing to pursue my MSc in Management with a specialisation in Marketing has been one of the best decisions that I’ve made for my career."
MSc in Management with Marketing
You should have an undergraduate degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above. Your degree can be in any discipline except business or management subjects.
If you are a UK student and completed your undergraduate degree abroad, your qualification must be equivalent to a 2:1 or above.
If you have a business or management degree, consider our MSc in International Management or one of our other specialised MSc courses.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, you will need to pass an English language test.
You will need an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of at least 7.0 overall. Your scores for reading, writing, listening and speaking must be at least 6.5.
These results must be no more than two years old from the start date of your MSc course.
We also accept other language tests, including PTE Academic, TOEFL. iBT, CPE and CAE.
If you are already studying in the UK
If you completed all of your undergraduate studies in:
- the UK
- a country where English is the official first language
You may be exempt from our English language requirements.
About the School
The University of Bath is a world-class university offering fantastic teaching and research opportunities, a fully supported and well-established placement scheme, first-class sports facilities and a ... Read More