Our MSc Management courses will help you be an effective 21st-century manager, able to operate in dynamic and complex organisational environments. The course will equip you with broad knowledge across a wide range of management subject areas and enable you to develop more specialist knowledge as the programme progresses.
Our MSc Management degrees are aimed at students with either no background in business and management who want to develop a career in this field, or students who have a qualification in business and management but want to become more competitive and progress their careers.
Our pure management route develops a deeper understanding of the central principles of management. You'll engage with relevant and emerging management concerns, including managing across cultures. You'll also explore organisational innovation and entrepreneurial thinking, as well as refining your critical understanding of management theory.
Why study this degree?
- The degree will equip you with broad knowledge across a wide range of management subject areas and enable you to develop more specialist knowledge as it progresses.
- You'll complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge; you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- Students on these routes typically come from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- You’ll complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course usually held in the Peak District.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
- We are proud to announce that Nottingham Business School has been ranked amongst the top 100 universities globally in the Financial Times 2017 ranking for Masters in Management.
You can also add a year’s work placement to your studies making your Master’s a two-year course (not available for January starters) providing you with an increase competitive edge over your peers.
More than just a degree
When you graduate, you will not only receive an MSc Management, but also a CMI Level 7 qualification in Management and Leadership. Our partnership with the Chartered Management Institution (CMI) means that you’ll enjoy complimentary student membership for the duration of your course and first year after you graduate.
Placement year opportunities
If you are starting your degree in September, you can choose to add a year's work placement, making your Masters a two-year course. It is a great way to put your learning into practice and gain valuable real-world experience to boost your career. If you undertake a placement, you must take up the Business Research Project in Semester three.
Graduates from this course have gone into senior management positions around the world, as marketing and operational managers, planning analysts, consultants and CEOs.
Many of our students join graduate management trainee programmes and some are offered jobs with companies they worked for during their major project.
As an integral part of the course, careers advisers will run a series of workshops where students can identify methods and strategies to enable them to effectively pursue their career goals. The workshops will focus on both home and international students and concentrate on developing skills and occupational awareness.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 9, 2017