Open to graduates holding degrees in any subject, this course assumes no prior knowledge of business or management and is suitable for both UK, EU and international students wishing to progress their academic knowledge of management.
The programme is based on an MBA style curriculum and is academically rigorous without neglecting the applied practical aspects of management education. Teaching expertise is delivered by an international team of research-active specialists.
The programme equips you with both the foundations of business management and the most advanced tools and theories. You will have the opportunity to attend master classes given by keynote speakers from industry and have the opportunity to visit companies in the region to see how management is practised in industry.
Whether your desire is to manage your own business or contribute to solving some of the world's problems, the course will provide knowledge and skills in key areas of management enabling you to take up a variety of positions across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
Features and benefits of the course
- You will be taught in the multi-award-winning Business School on All Saints Campus near Manchester city centre.
- You will have the opportunity to take an option unit that enables you to focus on a particular area of your choice, such as marketing, logistics, HR or finance.
- Extensive use of the University's online virtual learning portal (Moodle) to provide additional learning materials, communication and also as an aid to discussions.
- Selected units of study are accredited by the Chartered Management Institute.
Our postgraduate programmes aim to combine academic knowledge from leading research in the area with the professional skills that employers are seeking.
The Faculty is home to the Centre for Business and Society, which brings together a number of synergistic research centres and knowledge clusters and our doctoral school of PhD researchers who work with teaching staff on the design of the programme.
During your studies, you may also have the opportunity to participate in:
- Industry visits real companies
- Short-term internships with local employers
- Live business projects for real clients
- A live consultancy project for your final dissertation.
Typical units of study may include
Units on the programme are designed to develop your critical thinking on key areas whilst allowing you to apply your learning into practice by undertaking a live business client project, before embarking on a consultancy based dissertation.
- Global Management
- Marketing in Practice
- Operations Management
- Finance for Managers
- International Strategic Management
- Masters-level Learning
Choose two from a list including:
- Critical Perspectives in Entrepreneurship
- Global Strategic Innovation
- Project Management Framework
- Project Management Systems
- Performance and Reward
- Business Psychology in Practice
- International Brand Strategy
- Strategy for Digital
- Business Analytics
- Live Client Brief
- Uniwide Language
- Internship Project
Alternatively, you may choose to broaden your learning with an internship, language or client project unit.
You will normally have a good UK honours degree (minimum 2:2), or international equivalent in any subject.
The course is also particularly appropriate for graduates who have not previously studied a business-related subject. We will also consider your application if you do not have a degree but do have substantial management experience.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 28, 2018