This programme has a flexible structure, which allows you to choose to concentrate on a general background in business and management or to focus on a specialist area. Whichever you choose, the programme provides a solid grounding in key aspects of management and draws upon the Department of Management's areas of research expertise.
Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sports management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
We offer students of all ages and backgrounds a chance to study either part-time or full-time in our department and to gain an internationally recognised University of London qualification.
Why study this course at Birkbeck?
- Provides a solid introduction to key aspects of management.
- An MSc Management differs from the typical MBA in that it covers fewer subjects but in more depth. You will learn more than just the current management fashions and buzzwords, you will also learn about the evidence upon which management theories are based.
- Taught by a team with international reputations in their respective areas.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available. You will also have access to the Birkbeck Library and e-Library where you can obtain books and journal articles that are required for your studies.
Careers and employability
Graduates go on to careers in management in a variety of settings, including local and national government, business and industry.
Cost & Fees
- Part-time home/EU students: £ 5225 pa
- Full-time home/EU students: £ 10450 pa
- Part-time overseas students: £ 7975 pa
- Full-time overseas students: £ 15950 pa
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 1, 2018