- Brings the dynamics of an effective workplace into the classroom
- Tutors combine an academic approach with real-world application, using their professional experience
- Provides a great platform to develop essential and advanced skills for effective management
- On successful completion of this programme, you will also receive a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 7 certificate
- Offers the opportunity to specialise in business disciplines through Finance and Project Management options
- Course content is informed and developed by professionals and industry figures
- Receive support during and after your course, from our professional team, to get you ‘career-ready’
- Optional 18-month programme includes the Professional Development and Practice module*, designed to improve your employability through potential work experience while you complete your Master’s
Your Masters in Management degree
Our programme offers three streams that can specialise your degree. Giving you the confidence to apply your knowledge and skills to real-life managerial challenges.
In term one, you will work on four core modules that apply to all our programmes. These are designed to help you benefit from the fundamental skills involved in management practice. This includes:
- Financial Decision Making
- Leading Business Organisations
- Operations Management & Service Excellence
Following these core modules, you can choose from one of three streams that let you focus your study in a specialised area.
Professional Development and Practice (PDP) module
Our focus doesn’t just revolve around teaching you. It’s also about getting you employed. The Professional Development and Practice module is designed to enhance your employability by developing career-ready and transferable skills. This module is a feature on all of the 18-month full-time MSc Management programmes. It gives you the opportunity to complete the course with practical work experience. This can be a paid or unpaid job, short-term internship, employer-led or Professional Body project, consultancy work or volunteering.
Building a successful career may be one of your key ambitions. That’s why The MSc Management programme is geared towards the realities of working as a successful modern-day manager. Our face-to-face delivery consists of lectures, small group sessions and blended learning opportunities. Group sessions have a strong emphasis on contextual student learning. Meaning that you experience practical skills sessions to prepare you for the reality and fast pace of management.
In a typical week, you can expect three hours of lectures and small group workshops for each 15-credit module. This is in addition to any support classes that you may be enrolled on. You will also find further support at your fingertips through the Business School's Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
We know that brilliance can come from anywhere. So you can look forward to working with people from various backgrounds, including experienced industry professionals, all within a business-led environment.
Develop your Professional Skills
We focus on developing your professional skills, so you can apply management concepts to real life. A variety of activities are used to support your learning, including:
- Interactive lectures
- Video and written case studies
- Individual and group exercises
- Presentations by visiting experts
- Engagement with a range of professional and academic materials
- Management skills sessions, including presentations, boardroom discussions and simulations
You will be assessed using a combination of coursework, group assignments, timed release assessments and supervised projects. Your programme materials will include formative assessments and revision packs to help prepare you for any formal assessments. To make sure that you are on the right path, you will also get feedback throughout the programme to help you fulfil your potential.
On successful completion of our MSc Management, you will also receive a professional qualification. This is the CMI (Chartered Management Institute) Level 7 Certificate.
Students wishing to study the MSc Management will require:
- A minimum of a 2:2 Honours degree from the UK or recognised international university or another equivalent international qualification; or
- An acceptable professional qualification equivalent such as the CMI, ILM, CIM, CIMA at level 6 or above;
Following a review of applications, candidates may be required to:
- Attend an interview (via Skype, WebEx or face-to-face)
- Take part in a telephone interview
- Submit a Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score of 580 or above
- Submit a Graduate Records Examination (GRE) of 500 for Verbal and 500 for Quantitative. The median GRE score for each section ranges from 550-625 per section, with the median total around 1200
If you do not think you meet the entry requirements but have other qualifications or work experience, please contact us and we can review your options.
If your first language is not English you will need an IELTS level 6.5 (overall) or equivalent, plus a minimum of 6.0 in all components in addition to the above entry requirements.
If you have the minimum of 6.0 in any component, you will be required to attend In-sessional Study Skills Support classes, alongside the programme during the first term of studies, at no additional cost.
For UK / EU Students:
- 12-month, full-time: £9,270
- 18-month, full-time with the Professional Development & Practice Module* £12,880
For International Students:
- 12-months, full-time £12,500
- 18-months, full-time with the Professional Development & Practice Module* £16,220
A deposit of £250 will need to be paid within 48 hours of accepting your offer, in order to secure your place.