Within any successful business, campaigns and projects are run like clockwork. Our MSc Management with Project Management programme provides the skills you need to deliver projects and manage effectively in business. This course is ideal if you are a graduate or professional in any field, looking to expand your career as a manager with a project management focus. You can also apply for our 18-month programme which includes our Professional Development and Practice (PDP) module*, providing you with an opportunity to complete your Master's programme with up to six months work experience.
The MSc Management with Project Management degree is awarded by B.P.P. University.
- Our Master’s programmes bring the dynamics of the workplace into the classroom
- Tutors combine academic teaching with real-world application through their industry experience
- On successful completion of this programme you will also receive a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 7 Diploma
- Smaller group sessions encourage greater student-tutor contact time
- Study in the City of London, with access to workshops, guest speaker events and networking opportunities
- Provides a progressive platform in the skills and aptitude needed for managerial effectiveness
- Get support from our professional team to get you ‘career-ready’ on graduation
- Develop the strategic skills required for effective project management
- Optional 18-month programme which includes the Professional Development and Practice module*, designed to enhance your employability through potential work experience while you complete your Master's
Your Master's in Management with Project Management Degree
This stream of MSc Management is perfect if you are looking to pursue a career in project management. With versatility in mind, it allows you to enhance your career as an objective-driven manager.
Our MSc Management with Project Management programme provides the skills and techniques you need to manage, deliver and run successful projects. Once you have a grounding in the skills that are fundamental to management practice, you will study modules tailored to your chosen stream in term two. This includes the Fundamentals of Project Management and Business Project & Programme Management. The Business Project in your final term serves to combine the project management aspects of the course in the context of a challenge. This allows you to showcase your skills, knowledge and techniques in project management.
Professional Development & Practice Module
Our focus doesn’t just revolve around teaching you. It’s also about getting you employed. The Professional Development and Practice module are designed to enhance your employability by developing career-ready and transferable skills. This module is a feature of the 18-month full-time MSc Management programmes. It gives you the opportunity to complete the course with practical work experience. This can be a paid or unpaid job, short-term internship, employer-led or Professional Body project, consultancy work or volunteering.
How the programme is taught
You will benefit from a practical programme geared towards the realities of working as a manager. The MSc Management with Project Management consists of lectures, small group sessions and blended learning in a highly effective environment.
The group sessions have a strong emphasis on contextual learning. This involves practical skills sessions to prepare you for the reality of managerial challenges.
In a typical week, you can expect three hours of lectures and small group workshops for each 15-credit module. This is in addition to any support classes that you may be enrolled on. There is also further support for students through our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
You will work with people from a number of different backgrounds, including experienced professionals, within a business-orientated environment.
We focus on developing your professional skills, from tutors with industry experience, so you can transfer management concepts into real life.
A wide variety of activities are used to support your learning, including:
- Interactive lectures
- Video and written case studies
- Individual and group exercises
- Presentations by visiting experts
- Engagement with a range of professional and academic materials
- Management skills sessions, including presentations, boardroom discussions and simulations
Once qualified, you will have the confidence to apply your skills and knowledge to a wide range of managerial challenges.
You will be assessed using a combination of coursework, group assignments, time released assessments and supervised projects. Your programme materials will include formative assessments and revision packs to help prepare you for any formal assessments. To make sure you are on the right path, you will also get feedback throughout the programme to help you fulfil your potential.
On successful completion of B.P.P. University's MSc Management with Project Management, you will also receive a professional qualification
Students wishing to study the MSc Management with Project Management will require:
- A minimum of a 2:2 Honours degree from a UK or recognised international university or another equivalent international qualification; or
- An acceptable professional qualification equivalent such as the CMI, ILM, CIM, CIMA at level 6 or above
Following a review of applications, candidates may be required to:
- Attend an interview (via Skype, WebEx or face-to-face)
- Take part in a telephone interview
- Submit a Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score of 580 or above
- Submit a Graduate Records Examination (GRE) of 500 for Verbal and 500 for Quantitative. The median GRE score for each section ranges from 550-625 per section, with the median total around 1200
If you do not think you meet the entry requirements but have other qualifications or work experience, please contact us and we can review your options.
If your first language is not English you will need an IELTS level 6.5 (overall) or equivalent, plus a minimum of 6.0 in all components in addition to the above entry requirements.
If you have the minimum of 6.0 in any component, you will be required to attend In-sessional Study Skills Support classes, alongside the programme during the first term of studies, at no additional cost.
About the School
The University's aims are to promote excellence in professional education by being forward-thinking, progressive and innovative, to bridge the gap between education and professional practice, to inspi ... Read More