- Duration: 1-year full time, 2 years part-time
- Start date: September 2019
- Apply by: 1 August (International), 1 September (UK/EU)
This course offers broad training in management and financial methods. You’ll gain an in-depth appreciation of the financial environment in both the public and private sectors.
As the course progresses, you’ll have the opportunity to study specialized topics in management or finance to match your career interests.
Full-time and part-time study
Choose to study this course full time or part time, to fit around your work and family life. Modules for the full-time course are listed below.
For details about the part-time course, contact us at email@example.com
How will I study?
In the autumn and spring terms, you choose options alongside your core modules to broaden your horizons and tailor your course to your interests.
During the summer term, you research and write a business analysis report based on the analytical techniques in management and finance you have learned on the course. The core accounting module during the spring term prepares you for writing the report.
Assessment methods are a combination of coursework, essays, group and individual reports, presentations and unseen examinations.
These modules are running in the academic year 2018/19. We also plan to offer them in future academic years. They may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
Core modules are taken by all students on the course. They give you a solid grounding in your chosen subject and prepare you to explore the topics that interest you most.
- Personal and Professional Development for Management and Finance
- Business Analysis Report
- Accounting for Decision Makers in Management and Finance
- Corporate and International Finance
- Institutions in the Global Financial Market for Management and Finance
- Leading and Managing People
Alongside your core modules, you can choose options to broaden your horizons and tailor your course to your interests.
- Business Communication Skills
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Governance
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Intercultural Communication in the Workplace
- Management, Innovation and Organisational Performance
- Managing Human Resources
- Marketing Principles and Practice
- Multinational Financial Management
- Strategic Management (Business & Management)
How much does it cost?
- UK/EU students: £11,450 per year
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £11,450 per year
- International students: £20,750 per year
Note that your fees may be subject to an increase on an annual basis.
How can I fund my course?
Postgraduate Masters loans
You can borrow up to £10,609 to help with fees and living costs if your course starts on or after 1 August 2018. Loans are available from the Student Loans Company if you’re from the UK or if you’re an EU national studying for a Masters.
Our aim is to ensure that every student who wants to study with us is able to despite financial barriers, so that we continue to attract talented and unique individuals.
Our MSc is for you if you're aiming for a career in:
- global business management or management consultancy
- corporate finance and financial management
- local and central government.
92% of students from the Department of Business and Management were in work or further study six months after graduating. Recent University of Sussex Business School graduates have gone on to jobs including:
- finance advisor, Citic Capital
- management graduate trainee, Lloyds Bank
- audit trainee, BDO.
(HESA EPI, Destinations of Post Graduate Leavers of Higher Education 2017 survey)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 27, 2018