This Logistics & Supply Chain programme from Sheffield Hallam University enables you to gain the knowledge and skills required to manage global supply chains and associated logistics.
Develop and enhance your technical and problem-solving skills in the area of logistics, with a specific emphasis on supply chain management.
- Promote contemporary best practice in the theory and application of leading-edge technologies, processes and systems
- Provide a route to Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) membership.
The course covers strategies, management, technology and systems. You learn modern approaches to supply chain management such as lean, six-sigma and operations management which are integral elements of the course. On the two-year work experience route, the course offers useful work placement opportunities.
This Logistics & Supply Chain programme from Sheffield Hallam University prepares you for a career as:
- A logistics coordinator
- A supply chain analyst
- A solutions analyst
- A supply chain coordinator
- A demand analyst
Previous graduates of this course have gone on to work for
- Caterpillar – the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines
- Dematic – the market leader in innovative logistics automation systems
- NYK Logistics – delivers fully integrated logistics solutions tailored to the needs of their customers
- Tuffnells – leading parcel delivery company
- Finance And Marketing
- Global Supply Chain And Manufacturing Strategy
- Lean Operations And Six Sigma
- Logistics And Enterprise Information Systems
- Project And Dissertation
- Project And Quality Management
- Strategic Sourcing And Procurement
- Supply Chain Modelling And Simulation
- Warehouse Systems And Transportation
Normally one from
- An honours degree 2.2 or above in science or engineering
- An honours degree 2.2 or above in business or management, where some computing or technology focussed modules have been studied
- Suitable professional qualifications in engineering, management or supply chain management
- A degree in any area, plus at least one year of industrial experience in a role or organisation related to operations management, logistics or supply chain management
- A diploma in a technological area, with at least three years of experience in a logistics or supply chain-related field
You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam.
Overseas applicants from countries whose first language is not English must normally produce evidence of competence in English, such as an IELTS score of 6.0 with 5.5 in all skills. If your English language skill is currently below an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English standard.
Additional information for EU/International students
If you are an International or non-UK European student, you can find out more about the country-specific qualifications we accept on our international qualifications page.
For details of English language entry requirements (IELTS), please see the information for 'All students'.
- Home/EU: £7,420 for the course
- International: £13,905 for the course
About the School
Sheffield Hallam University is a welcoming community of students and staff from more than 120 countries. We offer exceptional teaching across 700 programmes at foundation, undergraduate, postgraduate ... Read More