In recent decades, life science research has enabled enormous breakthroughs in our understanding of fundamental molecular and cellular processes and mechanisms of life. The MSc programmes in Life Science & Technology in Leiden and Delft are complementary.
Life Science & Technology researches the processes in the living cell. The cell is the building block of life, the smallest unit with the characteristics of living systems. Increased knowledge of the mechanisms of the cell can lead to a cleaner industry, better medicines, new methods for combating diseases and isolating enzymes for the development of improved foodstuffs.
Knowledge about genomic organisation, studies of protein-protein interactions and the characterisation of molecular structures have become central in modern life science research and technology. This knowledge forms the basis of the molecular understanding of health and disease. It finds important applications in innovative health care, in the pharmaceutical industry and in so-called ‘red’ biotechnology, and is the focus of the Leiden programme.
5 reasons to choose Life Science & Technology at Leiden University
- Life Science & Technology educates MSc students in fundamental academic and applied technology elements within Life Sciences.
- This master’s programme is based on the collaboration between the two internationally well-known Leiden Institute of Chemistry and the Biotechnology Institute, Delft University of Technology.
- Students will become full members of the various multidisciplinary internationally reputed research groups.
- This master’s programme offers opportunities for carrying out research projects in excellent research groups worldwide and in industrial situations.
- The high standard of education and research facilities ensure excellent job prospects in industry, government and academia.
EU/EEA, Dutch (including Netherlands Antilles), Swiss or Surinamese: around €1,984.
Other: around €16,400.
If you would like to know more, please get in touch or visit the programme introduction page on our website: http://en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/life-science-and-education/en/introduction.
Among the subjects you will be taking with this programme, you may find the following:
- Biomolecular Structures
- Molecular Chemistry
- Chemical Genetics
- Biomedical Informatics
- Genome organization and maintenance in cancer and aging
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 31, 2017