This Master's degree in learning technologies provides the technical and pedagogical knowledge necessary for designing, developing and evaluating learning technologies from the perspective of state-of-the-art artificial intelligence and computer science techniques, learning theory and teaching practice. It develops a sound foundation for entry to a career in learning technologies or to a research degree in the subject.
Why study this course at Birkbeck?
- Provides academic grounding for the profession of learning technologist.
- Taught by senior academics from 2 world-class departments at Birkbeck and the Institute of Education.You will have access to facilities at both institutions.
- Distinctive in its twin focus on computer science and learning theory that together underpin the optimal development of learning technologies.
- You will have 24-hour access to several laboratories of networked PCs with a range of language compilers, database and other application software. We are connected, via the SuperJANET network, to the computers of other academic institutions in London, elsewhere in the UK, and abroad.
Careers and employability
Design, development, deployment and evaluation of learning technologies, in either the private or the public sector.
Cost & Fees
- Part-time home/EU students: £ 3975 pa
- Full-time home/EU students: £ 7950 pa
- Part-time overseas students: £ 7225 pa
- Full-time overseas students: £ 14450 pa
This school offers programs in: