Choose Kingston's Leadership and Management in Health MSc top-up/MSc
This course gives practising clinicians and health service managers a step up to the next level and provides first-class training in key competencies for those who want to enter this sector. The programme offers both academic rigour and the practical skills to apply what you have learned in the workplace. Graduates leave the course as dynamic, forward-thinking healthcare professionals and service managers who excel in their field.
- Get the best of both worlds with a highly flexible modular programme that combines face-to-face lectures, seminars and workshops that foster a learning community with an online study that fits alongside your work commitments.
- Work with the latest research and learn modelling and theories that you can use to analyse and improve your organisation straight away.
- Learn how to manage people, budgets, information, marketing and quality, as well as how to navigate organisational change and think creatively. Enhance your leadership skills and gain a critical understanding of research into leadership and management.
- Study with staff who all have experience within the healthcare sector, on a course that applies to public, private and voluntary sectors in the UK and internationally. Kingston Business School is a principal member of the Institute of Leadership and Management in Health (ILMH), and you will benefit from regular guest speakers, as well as the everyday experiences that other students bring from their workplaces.
- Study in the happiest and safest area in London, with fast transport links to the rest of the city.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 percent of the world's business schools.
"This course is closely aligned with the changes that are taking place within the health service and what is being demanded in the workplace."– Graham Walker, course director
What will you study?
You will start with an induction programme that introduces you to the modules and the aims of the course, and helps you plan your study around your professional commitments.
You will then move on to the course material.
You can take advantage of professional and leadership development activities throughout the course. You will also get plenty of opportunities to broaden your knowledge through events arranged by ILMH.
Choose your direction
Students who enrol for an MSc or PgDip from the outset usually complete their studies within two years. Students who complete the PgDip successfully can convert this to an MSc by completing the Masters top-up.
Each qualification has a different set of module requirements.
"This programme is geared towards giving students the skills they need to succeed in their chosen career. It is also a programme that has a high level of academic rigour." – Graham Walker, course director
For all course enquiries, please contact Dr Graham Walker.
Our assessments look at how you apply your new skills and knowledge to your work. We assess you using individual and group exercises, computer-based tasks, presentations, role plays, case studies and written reports.
Eduniversal best masters winner 2016
This course has been rated by the Eduniversal masters ranking 2015/16 as one of the best health management masters courses in the world.
Teaching takes place on Thursdays and Fridays at our Kingston Hill campus, once a month during term time – a total of three days per 15-credit module and six days per 30-credit module, usually two modules per term. The rest of the course is taught online and through guided independent study.
Masters degree (MSc) students take the Postgraduate Certificate and Postgraduate Diploma modules, plus the following module:
- Research Methods and Dissertation
Learn a language
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Cost & Fees
Home and European Union 2016/17
MSc part time £4,510 MSc top-up part time £2,460
Overseas (not EU) 2016/17
MSc part time £6,875 MSc top-up part time £3,750
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 28, 2018