This is a challenging and demanding programme that covers up-to-date topics in empirical finance. If you are interested in a career in investment, in financial institutions, or any in other financial management-related jobs, then this degree will equip you with the required knowledge and skills. The syllabus is designed to develop your quantitative analysis skills, enabling you to critically analyse financial investment proposals and empirical applications of corporate finance.
Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
We offer students of all ages and backgrounds a chance to study either part-time or full-time in our department and to gain an internationally recognised University of London qualification.
This programme is part of the CFA university recognition programme and has a limited number of CFA scholarships available.
Why study this course at Birkbeck?
- Provides a thorough understanding and applications of the key areas of investment and finance.
- On completion, you will be able to understand, apply and critically assess a wide range of investment techniques as well as financial management theories.
- You will learn and apply the relevant techniques in each subject area.
- You will apply advanced econometric techniques to finance and investment-related topics.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available. You will also have access to the Birkbeck Library and e-Library where you can obtain books and journal articles that are required for your studies.
Careers and employability
Graduates can pursue a career in investment and financial management. In addition, graduates may go on to work within investment banks or any finance-related department in a corporation.
This school offers programs in:
Cost & Fees
- Part-time home/EU students: £ 5975 pa
- Full-time home/EU students: £ 11950 pa
- Part-time overseas students: £ 8750 pa
- Full-time overseas students: £ 17500 pa