- Duration: 1-year full time
- Start date: September 2019
- Apply by: 1 August (International), 1 September (UK/EU)
Fast-track your marketing career with this intensive course. You’ll develop practical and specialist marketing and market research skills. You’ll gain an international perspective, essential in today’s business world.
You have the opportunity to tailor your degree with options including:
- digital marketing
- customer relationships
- consumer psychology. You can also explore the business context in specific regions, and specialize in specific marketing fields and other related disciplines.
How will I study?
You’ll study core modules and options in the autumn and spring terms. In the summer term, you carry out your research project.
Assessment is through a combination of:
- unseen exams
- poster presentations
- extended essays
- a dissertation or research project.
These modules are running in the academic year 2018/19. We also plan to offer them in future academic years. They may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
Core modules are taken by all students on the course. They give you a solid grounding in your chosen subject and prepare you to explore the topics that interest you most.
Alongside your core modules, you can choose options to broaden your horizons and tailor your course to your interests.
- UK/EU students: £11,450 per year
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £11,450 per year
- International students: £20,750 per year
Note that your fees may be subject to an increase on an annual basis.
Find out typical living costs for studying at Sussex
How can I fund my course?
Postgraduate Masters loans
You can borrow up to £10,609 to help with fees and living costs if your course starts on or after 1 August 2018. Loans are available from the Student Loans Company if you’re from the UK or if you’re an EU national studying for a Masters.
Find out more about Postgraduate Masters Loans
Our aim is to ensure that every student who wants to study with us is able to despite financial barriers, so that we continue to attract talented and unique individuals.
On this course, you gain the essential marketing skills for employment in today's global and dynamic world. It's for people who want to work in:
- advertising, brand and product management
- digital marketing
- international marketing
- marketing research or consultancy
- new business development
- public relations
- research (or wish to undertake doctoral study)
- sales management.
92% of students from the Department of Business and Management were in work or further study six months after graduating. Recent University of Sussex Business School graduates have gone on to jobs including:
- marketing executive, 21Six
- campaign manager, Think Productive
- sales and marketing executive, Amaze One.
(HESA EPI, Destinations of Post Graduate Leavers of Higher Education 2017 survey)
Program taught in: