This course will help you develop deeper insights and understanding of key areas of contemporary marketing from the new digital landscape to sustainable marketing challenges and global opportunities.
You will develop a strategic perspective through detailed exploration, critical appraisal and in-depth study of brands, marketing, consumers and the changing contexts in which organisations do business. The MA in Contemporary Marketing is designed for graduates and business professionals who have some marketing experience or for others considering starting a new career in marketing or for those who have a real interest in marketing, communications, PR, psychology, sociology, or business. The course will help you launch or develop your career in marketing with the benefit of a broad understanding of topical contemporary marketing issues.
The course will help you learn to think creatively, critically and strategically about marketing issues and challenges. You will attend lectures, talks and seminars given by experienced practitioner lecturers, who will support you to apply academic research to solve real problems using live case studies. Our course is designed for graduates of any discipline. You will also develop a useful and supportive network of relationships with fellow students that endure beyond the course. Many of our past students become active alumni.
This school offers programs in:
Career and study progression
Our Masters students go on to successful careers in marketing, digital marketing, marketing communication, marketing management, international management, marketing consultancy, advertising, media relations, and public relations locally, nationally and internationally.
Cost & Fees
Please note fees are paid for each year of study; you will be required to re-enrol and pay fees at the beginning of each academic year. Fees may be subject to an inflationary increase each year.
Main fee: GBP6,950
Main fee: GBP10,450
Applicants will need one of the following:
- lower second honours degree (2:2 or overseas equivalent in business / management or social science discipline.
- diploma from the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- work experience is desirable.
- a Postgraduate Diploma from the Chartered Institute of Marketing will be exempt from the core module Strategic Marketing Management.
- non-relevant degrees (e.g. modern languages/music) will be required to complete one module in marketing and one in research methods before progressing to the masters.
- work experience but no formal qualifications that are assessed as suitable will be required to complete one module in marketing and one in research methods before progressing to the MA.
International students need to meet our English language requirement at either IELTS at 6.5 or above, and a minimum of 5.5 for each of the 4 individual components (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening), TOEFL ibt at score at 90 or above, Pearson PTE Academic at score 58 or above, or an equivalent secure English language test. In some countries where teaching is in English, we may accept local qualifications.
Last updated February 6, 2017