This MSc provides you with an opportunity to acquire a thorough understanding of marketing theories and how to apply them to real-world business challenges. You will specialize in marketing within an international context, including the rapidly developing issues surrounding global communications and brand management.
This degree is aimed at graduates of all disciplines who wish to study a commercially-focused postgraduate course. You will develop a range of skills and knowledge including:
- how to apply marketing theory to international case studies, markets and issues.
- advanced skills in the analysis of markets in an international context.
- knowledge of ethical issues and their implications for marketing.
The course covers the following areas:
- consumer behavior
- international brand management
- the international business environment
- international marketing
- international marketing communications
- market analysis
- marketing research
- principles of marketing
You will also complete a dissertation. This will either be research-based or practice-based. It is designed so that you can demonstrate the understanding and skills you have gained from the course in the context of a detailed study of a marketing issue. You will be supported through research study skills modules and experienced research supervisors.
The course is aimed at graduates of all disciplines who wish to study a commercially focused postgraduate course. You will develop the knowledge and skills required for a successful career in business and marketing within an international context.
Newcastle's graduates are currently employed in companies around the world including:
- HSBC Bank International
As this is a new course there aren't any careers destination information yet. Instead, you might be interested to see information about the graduates who studied postgraduate marketing.
- Develop the knowledge and skills for your chosen degree through a specialist pathway.
- Guaranteed university placement for all successful students. Find out more about our money back guarantee.
- Benefit from smaller class sizes than at university, meaning you'll have more time with your teachers.
- Adapt to studying in the UK thanks to university-style teaching for subject-based modules.
- Guidance with your university applications, so you choose the best degree for you.
Key course facts
- Course length: 1 Year
- Start dates: 2018: September; 2019: September
- Fees: From £18,000
- Academic requirements: A 2:1 honors degree, or international equivalent, in any subject.
- English language requirements: To study this course you need to meet the school's Band 6 English Language Requirements. IELTS: 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.0 in all sub-skills); TOEFL: 90 overall (with a minimum of 19 in listening, 20 in reading, 22 in speaking, and 20 in writing); Pearsons: 62 overall (with a minimum of 56 in all sub-skills).
- Entry requirements additional information: They often accept a wide range of English language tests. The English Language Policy sets out the tests and qualifications that they accept. If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a pre-sessional English course.
*Please note that the prices for courses due to commence in the academic year 2019 – 2020 have not yet been confirmed. The prices that are shown for the current academic year of 2018 – 2019 will be subject to an increase of up to a maximum of 4%. As soon as the prices for 2019 – 2020 are confirmed they will be updated so please continue to check here for the most up to date information*.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 11, 2018