This programme will provide you with a high-level, comprehensive and rigorous understanding of the relevance of international marketing, allowing you to develop insights into marketing decision-making in a global cultural context. The programme will enable you to link theory and practice, to identify ethical practice, and to engage in critical thinking and problem-focused decision-making that can be applied in a general international business setting.
Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
We offer students of all ages and backgrounds a chance to study either part-time or full-time in our department and to gain an internationally recognised University of London qualification.
Why study this course at Birkbeck?
- International in scope and will appeal to those with a marketing background, and to those without who wish to embark on a career in marketing.
- Makes reference to research findings to provide additional insights into the subject matter.
- Various educational approaches will allow you to develop your decision-making skills and to link theory and practice.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available. You will also have access to the Birkbeck Library and e-Library where you can obtain books and journal articles that are required for your studies.
Careers and employability
A number of our graduates either get promoted, or go on within their own work organisations, or branch out into new careers in a variety of settings, including local and national government, business and industry. Our qualifications in marketing are designed to provide a foundation both for those wishing to engage critically with the issues of marketing and business and for those wishing to be involved professionally in the process of marketing.
Possible careers include advertising, media marketing, event marketing, branding and brand management, sponsorship, public relations, marketing management, distribution, account management and market research.
Cost & Fees
- Part-time home/EU students: £ 5225 pa
- Full-time home/EU students: £ 10450 pa
- Part-time overseas students: £ 7975 pa
- Full-time overseas students: £ 15950 pa
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 1, 2018